Chap. 18

I took in a large breath as I stepped down from the last step. It was time. I was taking way too long to tell these people the real reason why they were really here, so it was better I told them now for them to get a better understanding of what was going on. As their classmate and friend, I'm sure they were to trust me without questions, although I did admit it'd been a while since we really gathered together like this.

"Guys, may I please have your attention, please?" I requested as I stepped up to the front. One by one, each of their heads turned around and faced me, all of them silent and waiting for me to start what I wanted to say. "Listen, I have to be honest with you, after all, we are friends, right?" I saw some of them nod, which relieved me, but seeing Lila in the back, just folding her arms with a glare ruined it all. "I never planned a party for any of you. I know what you must be thinking: 'well then, why does it look like a party?' But. . .this isn't the real reason why we brought you here.

"There's. . ." I forced the words out. ". . .a murderer lurking around in Paris; a psycho, someone who doesn't care about what happens to human beings as long as she sees blood. No, she's not a vampire, and no, I'm not making this up. These recent deaths that happened weren't just coincidental. They were all done by the same person. I can even show you proof, but I seriously don't want to take the pictures out now; you can look at them later. Anyway, that murderer. . ."

I searched their faces with my eyes; they all looked somewhat the same; confused and shocked with my words. "You guys are in danger. At least, one of you is, but we don't know who this murderer is after yet, so we thought it was better to just keep all of you in here until this all dies out. I promise each of you that we will fix this soon, and you will be brought back to freedom of walking around Paris without fear. I-"

"I knew it!" A new voice made me jump, and when I looked over at the corner, a police officer suddenly crawled out from under a table. I must have been too focused that I hadn't even spotted him there. He started walking towards me, looking suspicious. "You knew everything, yet you weren't even willing to inform the police. You know who the murderer is; you know who we're dealing with here. Why don't you ever think 'oh maybe, if I inform the police, things will be 100% times easier.' Do you always have to do everything yourself?!" I growled silently at his words. "I mean, I get that you're ruler of this place and all, but this is serious. People's lives are at risk-"

"AND YOU DON'T THINK I KNOW THAT?!" I shrieked at him, before I started making bold moves towards him. "You don't think I know that? Ever since this position was handed over to me, my life literally became a mess; I didn't try to fix everything myself. I have my friends who believe me and are willing to help me. If I had went over to the police, none of you would have believed me at all!" I stopped right in front him and my face changed into a glare. "How the hell did you get in?!"

The officer looked me in the eyes, before he broke eye contact and pointed over at someone. I turned around, my eyes getting wider when I realized he was pointing at Lila. Lila, on the other hand, had this smirk on her face as if she had won something. I started walking over to her, a little angry that she had done this behind my back. But then again, she was Lila. I hadn't wanted to leave anyone behind, no matter how much I despised that person, because a true ruler would never do that. This is why I accepted Lila here to be safe. "Listen carefully and closely. I don't understand what your problem is, or what your motive is, but this ends now. I'm sick and tired of your childish behavior. You have to trust me on this. The more people know of this situation, the worse it gets. This is not child's play!"

"Oh, I know that, Marinette," Lila let out a small giggle as she tapped a finger on my shoulder. "Or, should I call you Your Majesty? Telling from what you just did back there, I can see that you've become so bossy. Became such a spoiled brat after the crown was being placed on your head, huh."