Chap. 16

The five of us all paced around in my room, while the others were busy having fun downstairs. It was a good thing Alya had acted fast, getting all the helpers she needed to make decorations, foods and activities. No one yet had complained about anything, which I doubt was ever going to happen, and I reminded myself constantly that I still had to tell them they would be living here for a while. Maybe I should have let them pack some of their favorite things from their houses before coming here, but I had been afraid there wouldn't be any time left. I looked up again to face the others, hoping that at least one of them had come up with a plan, but telling from their faces, it didn't look like they knew what to do. I felt the same way as well, after all, Lila was a tough egg to handle.

"None of us knows where she lives," Alya reminded, getting me to sigh. "We asked the others downstairs, but none of them knows either. It's fair to say that she never kept in contact with anyone at all. . . although, that doesn't really surprise me, because I'm sure Lila never liked any of us." Alya shrugged, reminding us that back in high-school, Lila had been exposed for all the lying she did, which got people to keep away from her. So, she kept away from us as well. We barely even saw her around anymore, and sometimes, she'd go home from school earlier than usual, complaining that she was feeling sick. I even overheard her talking to the principal that it was possible she was leaving the school, but that never happened.

I looked over at my drawer, where a bunch of things were being placed inside. I remember putting my album inside there, where a lot of pictures were taken and placed inside; pictures including the class picture we took back in high school. I looked back at the others, feeling a little unsure, but determined. "I think I know how to find her." After speaking those words, I headed to the drawer and opened it up, taking the album out. I flipped to the page that had the picture of my class, and my eyes went directly towards Lila, who was sitting there with a bit of a fake smile on her face. "I mean, I don't know. When I touched my parents picture, it showed me what happened at their death scene. When I touch people, it makes me experience what happened to them. It's like I'm actually there. So far when this happens, it's only shown me the past of what happened, but this time. . . maybe if I can focus hard enough, it might show me the present instead."

"In other words, it could show you exactly where Lila is right now," Adrien confirmed, and I just nodded my head. "Can you. . . communicate with people while you're experiencing these things?"

"No. I can't talk to them, they can't talk to me, nor can they even see or hear me." I turned to them with an even more serious face. "I need you guys to stay quiet, and whatever happens, don't try to pull me out or something. . . although, I doubt you can do that." I sat down on the floor while holding unto the picture of my class. I stared at Lila, before I lifted a finger and placed it on her face, then I shut my eyes closed.

(눈‸눈)

Where am I now?

I was in a house, so I took it immediately that it was where Lila lived. Before I could even look around properly, I suddenly heard the sound of what seemed to be glass breaking. It took me by surprise at first, and I was left standing there, not knowing what to do. But after I collected myself, I started walking towards the sound. I came upon a door and my hand reached for the doorknob, wondering what it might be behind the door. I had only just twisted the knob before I heard yelling coming from the other side; I definitely heard Lila's voice and what seemed to be another woman's voice. Finally, I opened the door just a tiny bit and peeked inside. I caught sight of Lila on the other side of the room with such an angry face, yelling and screaming. At first, I couldn't quite make sense of her words, but after remembering that they couldn't see me, I opened the door all the way and walked in.