Chap. 20

"Right here. Stop right here."

The limo came to a stop, and I breathed in and out once I saw the house we were parked in front of. Louis opened up the door, and I made sure to grab Lila's arm and drag her out of the limo just in case she was lying to us. I had touched Lila's arm before, but I didn't get any memory experience, which meant that Bridgette never paid the brunette a visit. That was honestly nice to confirm because having normal Lila was already hard enough; dangerous killer-mode Lila would have just doubled the trouble.

We walked up to the house with Lila and I leading. Once we got to the door, Lila rang the doorbell, the glare plastered on her face never leaving. I knew why she was so mad. It wasn't just because of the fact that she wasn't crowned queen. It was more of the fact that I was queen and she was going to be under my control for as long as this position was mine.

The door opened and a face peeked out. The girl gasped to see us and immediately opened the door much wider. "L-Lila, what are you doing here? I thought you said you had nothing to do with me anymore!" She looked over at me, and at first she seemed freaked out. But then she let out a breath as she calmed down. I guess she must have at first thought I was Bridgette. "Sorry," She apologized with a small smile. "It's just. . .seeing your face reminds me so much of her. Sometimes I really find it unbelievable. I've been avoiding not talking to you because I just can't bear to look at you."

"I-I understand." Now it all made sense. Laura could have just came over to me and talk to me. She knew I was also stuck in the middle, and she knew I would need her help. But she didn't come, only because I looked so much like the girl who murdered her mother right in front of her. "Listen, Laura, I know it may be hard, but can you please just pretend I don't look like her. Anyway, the reason why we came here is because we need your help." I looked over at the others before I turned back to Laura and continued with my words. "We need your help with Bridgette. We can't let her continue to do this. So, if you're willing, will you please tell us where she's staying at? Where does she live?"

Laura looked at each of us, and it was quite hard to guess what she was thinking because she had such a straight look on her face. Finally letting out a sigh, she opened the door much wider, allowing us to enter her house. I motioned for Louis to follow us, because I wanted him in here in case we needed him, so he locked the limo and followed us in. Laura locked the door after the last person walked in, before she started walking inside a room. I followed her without hesitation: I mean, if Maman could trust her, then so could I, right?

Laura sat down on a couch closest to her, but I stood still, my eyes never leaving her. "Okay so, I'll tell you everything I know," Laura started, but not directly looking at anyone, "and you tell me everything you know. I'm not exactly so sure about any of you because I don't really know you, but one thing for sure, we have the same goal: stop Bridgette, and for us to do that, we need to work together." We all nodded in agreement, except for Lila who didn't look like she wanted to be here.

"I'm sure you may have already guessed this, but yes, you and Bridgette were separated at birth. Your parents and my mother actually knew each other pretty well for years, and some history happened between them that resulted in my mother taking your sister. I didn't get much information, but what I do know is that both parents agreed that when Sabine and Tom would have their first child, that child immediately belongs to my mother, so when you and Bridgette were born, she didn't hesitate to take the oldest away. Bridgette and I actually got along quite well, but that all got ruined when my mother decided to start her stupid experiments.

"She would sometimes return home speaking about the crown, and one time, I overheard her saying something about the crown giving powers to whomever wore it. I wasn't quite sure, but anyway, days later, Bridgette and I were introduced to this giant machine I never even knew we had. She said she wanted to use the machine on Bridgette, but not on me because she didn't want me to get hurt, which showed me that she never even cared for Bridgette. It was then that I realized that the only reason she even took Bridgette away in the first place was because she needed her for the experiment. I tried stopping her, aware that the machine had to hurt in some way, but she locked me up in my room. The walls were soundproofed, so I was able to hear the screams coming down from my basement. Bridgette was around 9 when this happened."