Chap. 15

I rubbed my eyes and then opened them, before looking around. The bakery. I was standing close to the bakery. Was this another memory I was experiencing? But I hadn't touched anyone. I scratched my head in confusion, but when I saw a car park right in front of the bakery and the girl stepped out of it, my heart started to pound. The picture. On the picture were my dead parents and that girl standing right beside them with a hidden grin. That's when I knew exactly what was going on. I quickly rushed towards the door of the bakery and opening it, I stepped inside. Inside of the bakery, Maman and Papa were sitting down in the living room, talking. When I was standing right in front of them, neither of them noticed me. Of course, they couldn't see me, after all I was never here when this scene happened.

"I contacted Laura, dear," Maman spoke. "She's still trying to recover from what happened. The fact that Bridgette escaped and Clara died in the process of it still shocks me. The worst feeling yet is that Laura isn't even allowing me to talk to her. She seemed kind of upset when we texted each other the last time." I clenched my fists a little as I listened to the words. She mentioned Bridgette and Clara in the same sentence. . .did Bridgette and Clara know each other?

"Honey, I'm still surprised that Laura is even willing to help us find Bridgette," Papa spoke up. "Didn't her mother fill her up with lies about us?" He seemed to gulp a bit as he looked away. "I know I've said this before and it may sound annoying now, but perhaps, Laura could be using us. I don't think. . .she'd be willing to help us especially with the fact that she has Clara as a mother." My eyes almost popped out at those words, but at the same time, I was still confused. Papa continued. "We know how much of an evil person Clara is. We shouldn't trust her daughter either."

I looked over at the door leading out of the living room, and I froze up when I saw Bridgette standing there. It was as if I was staring at a mirror, because of how she looked so like me. I looked back at my parents with pleading eyes. "Please," I whispered softly, letting my tears flow down from my eyes when I knew the sad reality of them not being able to hear me. "Please, you have to leave. She's-" I choked on my words as I looked back at Bridgette. She was now smiling brightly towards Maman and Papa, while both of her hands were behind her. "She's dangerous."

"Marinette," Maman immediately stood up with such a wide smile and started walking over to Bridgette. No. . . "Marinette, it's good to see you and all, but what are you doing back here? I'm sure you have a lot going on now. Seriously, if you were just worried about us, you didn't have to be. Your father and I are doing just perfectly fin-"

I let out the loudest and angriest gasp I could ever imagine as I watched with such wide-opened eyes as Bridgette took her hand out from behind her only to reveal the knife she was holding. Before Maman could even move, or even process what had just happened, the knife had been pressed into her stomach. "NO!" I screamed in agony as I straightened my hand out in front of me, as if wishing Maman would just reach for it and grab it. I felt Papa run past me towards Maman, but my eyes were too blurry with tears to even see what had happened next. I could hear the loud sound of the knife being drawn out of his stomach after it'd been pressed in, but all I did was just stand there, staring with tears in eyes, as if frozen to the floor. I couldn't move; my mouth was hanging opened with eyes widened. While I felt myself disappearing to go back to the present, the same knife was being pulled inside through Maman's and Papa's stomach. Once. Twice. Three times. Four times. Until blood exploded everywhere. She was literally doing it all with such a grin on her face.

I blinked, and the second I opened my eyes again, I was suddenly sitting on my bed again, with Adrien, Alya, Nino and Chloe right in front of me. Adrien waved a hand in front of my face, and even though his mouth moved, I couldn't hear what he said. Even though it was these four standing here in front of me, the image of that witch stabbing my parents multiple times still didn't leave my mind. That witch. Bridgette.