A way home

His crazy.

Thats the only logical explanation . Cause l can't fathom why he would otherwise act this way if not for madness . I'm not exactly sure what the hell is going on but l am sure of one thing. I'm  not about to have an island hookup. I'm much more than that.

I take a deep breath as l look over the view. Ethan is still holding me. Patiently l might add. It's like his afraid that if he doesn't l'll slip right past him. Crazy l know,but also suffocating. I just want sometime alone. At that thought l clear my throat and l try to seem unfazed.

"Ethan.." l trail

His swaying us left and right gently. When l called his name he moves his head,hunches over and inserts his chin on my shoulder. He rubs his hands up and down my arm and squeezes my biceps.

"Flicker" he says and his breath gently blows on my neck and l shudder.

Oh for the love of all things fudgy and gooey. I disentangle his arm away and step away from his embrace. I turn and I look at him from a few steps back. I blow out a breath.

"You said there was a place we had to go that had our ticket back home right?"l say

He doesn't answer me but instead settles on regarding me with an air of apprehension. He doesn't make a move to answer amd l just look at him expectantly. How could l not? I just asked him a question and he won't answer.

Just as l'm about to repeat myself l shut my mouth. That's when it hits me. The scrunch in his eyebrow,the tension in the air, his hunched up profile and his dark eyes apprehending me and looking down at me. The small frown etched on his mouth.  Its all in disapproval. I can sense it radiating off from him in waves. Why?

I did absolutely nothing wrong. All l did was get out of his hold. I quickly hold myself. That's it. His mad because l stepped out of his embrace?. Okay thats it. Time out.

"Look Ethan l don't understand what the hell is wrong with you or why you're suddenly acting this way but whatever this is" l say as l motion between us. "Its not gonna work. I'm not an island hookup kind of girl. So lets just forget about the kiss . Go back to trying to figure out how to survive and just be normal"l huff out.

He silently considers me and l'm starting to get annoyed at how easily he can remain impassive when l try to put a point across.

"Say something "l say in annoyance

He shrugs "what do you want me to say. I told you already Flicker. I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere and who said anything about it being an island romance only"he steps closer to me

"Maybe we don't even live in the same  state"l yell at him as l take a step back.

"You live in Chicago.Do you not?"he says as he raises his eyebrow in impatience. Thank God cause this time he doesn't take a step further this time.

I take a step back "How could you possibly know that "

"You came in with Amanda Styles" amd he shrugs as it thats explanation enough.But in a way it is.

"You might be younger than me. I don't date young guys.Sorry" l say amd smile innocently.

He scrunches his eyebrows"Didn't we already settle the age thing the other day"

"No we did not. I remember vividly you saying. Old enough. "  l say as l imitate his voice at the last part.

"I don't talk like that"he says offendedly.

"Maybe you have a girlfriend "l say with a new found profusion.

"I don't. Now stop acting like this and come back here"he demands