Welcome Back

"Now one last time. Are you sure noone was there except you three" the nice but increasingly irritating officer asks me.

"For the one hundredth time. Yes" l snap. "There was noone on the island except me,Ethan and whatever that dumass's name was who shot me and the answer won't change nomatter how much you twist and turn the question.Whatever answers you're looking for l do not have them and .l.do.not.know"l fume

Tristan comes up to me and holds me gently by my shoulders.

"I'm sorry officer but my sister is tired and  she's been on meds all day,can we do this another time""he says.

I give him a death glare. Another time?l'm never going to do this again. Tristan gives me back a glare of his own that pretty much says shut up and behave.

I huff.

"Of course. We will take our leave noe. Mrs Kings if you remember anything,anything at all.."

I'm about to snap when Tristan's arm on my shoulder gets warningly tighter.

"I'll let you know" l say as l cut him and put on a straining smile.

"I'll walk you out" T says

"No need son,just take care of your sister"

And with that ,the two cops went out. I blew out a breath.

"You're mean. You know that right"

I laugh out .

"Cut me some slack"l groan out as l put a stray piece of my hair behind my ear.

I pull my fleece to my chin. I'm so tired and its not even lunch yet .l can't do anything,l can't go outside. I have to sit here,wait for doctors to do unnecessary tests on me and tolerate people asking me a billion questions.

I grab my phone and open up my social media accounts. Its funny how my followers have almost trippled across all social media platforms. It's incredible really and really tiring cause now it means l have to reply to thrice the number of messages from well wishers. Yep. A lot of people have really reached their sentiments to me and my hospital room is living proof of that. Its filled with get well now cards,gift baskets and balloons . Their so much to the extent that some of them have to be taken back to my apartment to create space.

"Oce. There's someone here to see you" T says.

I look up and groan.

"Can't a girl get some alone time here" l say grumpily.

"Well in that case,l guess l'll just take my buttered rum coffee with extra nutmeg back"

I grin. A full on goofy grin.

"Buttered rum!!"l say

Khloe frowns. "Silly me. For a second there l thought you were gonna say my name." She says with an attitude.

Tristan laugh out loud and because l don't want Khloe to get mad and go back with my buttered rum coffee,l elbow him in the gut to shut it.

"Ouch" he screams.

"Khloe!!!" I say with a grin.

She laughs and comes towards me.

"Gimme gimme gimme" l say as she comes near. I literally grab the cup from her and l take a sip and l feel incredible.

Khloe goes over to where Tristan's sitting and gives him a quick peck.

"Hy."

"Hy" he says as he draws her back such that she ends up on his lap and gives her a proper kiss. Ughh. I'm going to puke but l don't. Don't want my rum to go to waste.