Ocean Eyes

I wake up in the middle of the night. The pain in my side was killing me and my morphine drip wasn't due for another hour so l decided to wait.

Five minutes later,l was sweating and panting in pain. Screw this. I get up and l wear my shoes, grab my white fugly hospital coat and l take my AV tube out. I tie my hair back and try not to wince.

I open my doors slightly and l see the hallway is empty. Pecks of a private hospital, nurses don't bustle and hastle on the floor we're in. I close my door and make my way down. Looking for a utility room. Anywhere with some pain meds.

I start walking aimlessly. I pass a middle-aged woman and she waves at me and l smile. I make a right turn and l see a door which leads to what must be a utility room.

I open it gingerly and l see a nurse turn a corner, panicking l shove myself in the room which much to my dismay turned out to be a closet full of brooms,mops and detergents. I shut off the door and switch off the light switch on instinct.  I try to keep queit and as the footsteps come closer l immediately hold my breath and pray to God she's not coming here.

My heart beats crazily and l try to calm down and breathe evenly. When l settle l hold still as l try to  listen in on her footsteps .

Lucky for me the nurse walks past me and l let out a deep breath and relax. Which was ultimately a bad idea because the moment l leaned on one of the shelfs, the detergent bottles all came rattling down.I let out a big yelp as l struggle to catch everything and balance it with two hands.

As l try to get the mop out of my head, the door is suddenly wrenched openand l almost jump out of my skin.

"What the hell are you doing and who the fuck are you?" A raspy tenor voice lets out and l look up. The light switch is turned on

The doorway is filled with one hunk of a man. I almost laugh at my choice of words. He has black raven hair and the most striking black eyes l have even seen. They are a midnight black and l almost get lost in them if it weren't for the scowl wore.

If it wasn't for his eyes l would have swore he was Ethan. Their features where nothing alike l will say that but he had the same aura. Dark and dangerous. His body was the ultimatum one for a rugby player.

His wearing white sweatpants and a black muscle T-shirt. He has some white slippers and when l'm looking at his feet it's then that l realise that all this while l have been checking him out while balancing two mops on my left  shoulder and a mass of unorganized detergents on my right.

Damn it. I close my eyes and cringe. Way to make a good first impression. Although l have to admit l kind of went wrong right from the whole  closet situation.

"It's not what it looks like. I'm actually a patient here" l croak out.

He folds his hands in his chest ,flexing his muscles and l almost swoon. Don't judge me, l'm a girl. But as his scowl deepens l find myself getting nervous.

"Well..this seeing as to how this is not a hospital room,you still have a lot to explain " he says.

I scowl. I will admit he caught me in a compromising situation but l don't have to explain shit to him. And l tell him just that.

" Last time l checked, you're not a nurse or a doctor unless sweatpants is their new signature mark. So l don't have to explain anything to you...you don't even look like your a patient here" l say as l try to restore everything to it's correct order with as much dignity l can muster.

He chuckles,clearly seeing through my fake confidence. He smiles sardistically and touches his five o'clock shadow.

"So l take it you wouldn't mind explaining to the real nurses what you were doing in an only staff allowed room" he says as he raises his eyebrow in amusement and his smile turns into a smirk.