Chapter Five

(Dallas's POV)

"DALLAS HELP ME!" I heard Ashley
scream and I ran downstairs to find her. Sure enough Bob was trying to drag her away.

I ran to them and pushed Bob and her down before he could get her out the door. I saw Ash smack her head on the ground but I would check her later. I picked her up and moved her behind me.
"Stay behind me."

I picked Bob up by his shirt and punched him twice, it only took me two hits to knock him out-cold. I took Ash's hand and led her up towards my room. I picked her up bridal style, she was stumbling to walk. I placed her on my bed.

"Wait here and don't talk to anyone except me and Buck." I shut my door and went to find the first aid kit.

When I came back I looked at her a bit better. She had a bruise on her right cheek and I could tell by looking at her that she had a headache. I gave her Ibuprofen and water and told her to take it. Then I moved to her cheek. I put an ice-pack on it and grabbed a flashlight.

"Follow the light."
"Okay." She sounded soft and quiet. I turned on the light and moved it in front of her eyes. She followed it without a problem which meant she didn't have a concussion.

There was a silence, but a comfortable one. I decided to break it,
"What happened Ash?" She looked at me weakly. I saw a single tear run down her face. I was shocked. I had never seen Ash cry, ever.

I wiped it away from her cheek and gave her the, 'you can tell me, I'm here for you' look.
"Well I was walking around after the movie theatre when they tried to jump me." She took a quick sigh, "then I ran till I saw Buck's because I knew you or Buck would be here and help me. That's when you found me."

"Are you okay kid? Want me to call Johnny?" I figured her brother should know. But before I could say anything else she broke down crying. She started to talk again but couldn't.
"Oh kid." I just wrapped my arms around her and patted her head.

Then I played with her hair until she eventually cried herself to sleep in my arms. She fell asleep with her head on my chest and arms around my neck. I picked her up and sat on the bed in a way that I could hold her. I didn't want to wake her, she obviously needed sleep, and also I kind of liked having her in my arms. She looked like an angel, and angels don't deserve torture like this.