Chapter ThirtyTwo

(Dallas's POV)

She came back into my lap. I put my arms around her waist and she played with my hair. I leaned my head back against the wall and started to feel sleepy again. My eyes started to shut and she noticed because she laid her head on my shoulder. I looked down and saw a needle in my arm. Fuck. I passed out.

(Ashley's POV)

He came back with blankets and milkshakes. I was shocked he was being so nice. He set them down on the ground.

"Wanna build a fort?" He asked me. I knew I had to play along for Dal so I made it look real. I smiled an little and nodded slowly. He released my hand from the chain.

"Thanks...that kinda hurt my hand." He grabbed my arm and looked at it.

"Oh no! Not you the chain." He surprisingly looked relieved. "Let's build the fort." Even though I was scared I did it anyway.

Once we were done we sat in the fort and drank milkshakes. I was having a good time, this is what he was like before he hurt me. I missed this Jackson, not the other one.

"Jackson...?" He looked at me.
"Yeah love, what's wrong?"
"C-can I ask you a question?" He laughed a little.
"Sure." I looked him in the eyes.
"What went wrong, ya know the first time." He looked so sad.
"Well I stopped taking my medication, I have anger management meds. And Sylvia told me that you and Dallas were sleeping together and I got so mad I just lashed out. And I didn't mean to lash out at you, I just did." He stayed silent for a second. "And I guess I knew in my heart you didn't but I just couldn't face the fact that it might be true. And now you were with him so I guess I wasn't all wrong."

I took a minute before looking at him again. "Are you on your meds now?" He nodded and smiled.
"Yeah, I didn't want to hurt you again." I stayed silent and looked down.
"When are you gonna let me go?" I asked. He looked me in the eyes.
"As soon as everyone calms down I promise. Then we can be together." He took my hand. "Can we please restart? I was so stupid. GOSH! I'm even more stupid now. I just can't loose you."