Chapter TwentyThree

(Ashley's POV)

"Fine! You're not a dork." He smiled in triumph. "You're a loser!" I yelled. He started tickling me again. I was laughing so hard and rolled towards him and he stopped tickling me. I still had my head in his lap and he started kissing my head.

"Dallas..." he kept kissing me. "Dallas." He didn't listen again. "Dallas!" He looked at me.
"Yeah baby girl?" He played with my hair.
"We should get going. I gotta tell Johnny about Jackson." He gave me one last kiss on my head.
"Okay baby, let's go." he started to drive. We were laughing and talking the whole way there.

We got to the Curtis' house and walked in.
"Johnny here?" I asked. Soda nodded and pointed towards his room. I went and got Johnny and made everyone sit in the living room. "I have to talk to y'all." They all nodded. "Okay uh. I um well, me and Jackson broke up." They all looked at me sadly.

"Ashley, why do you have bruises all over you?" Soda asked getting up and taking a closer look.
"I well, Jackson was hitting me. So I wouldn't leave him. But I did anyway." Soda hugged me tight. I hugged him back and looked at Dallas who looked a bit jealous. I gave him a wink.

They all started asking me questions and I told them the full story. After they turned on a movie and I sat next to Dal. I felt safe around him. I got up and went to the porch.

"You okay doll?" I knew by his voice it was Dal.
"Yeah, I'm just thinking." He rubbed my back.
"He's not gonna hurt you. I'm here." I jumped into his arms.
"Thank you." He just kissed the top of my head.
"Can I take you out on a date?" He looked into my eyes.

"NO!" We both looked in shock at Johnny who was standing at the door. "Dallas what did I tell you the first time? Stay away from my sister!" Johnny took me by the arm and started bringing me home.

I looked back at Dallas and motioned for him to call me. He smiled looked down and shook his head before going back into the house.

"Johnny stop!" He turned and looked at me, he was furious.
"Ash. Dallas will hurt you, I don't want you to get hurt. I love you." I hugged Johnny tight.
"Johnny I love you too. But trust me, he cares for me."
"NO ASH! He doesn't. Dallas doesn't care for anyone or anything. He'll make you think he does and then hurt you. I don't want you near him for a while." I was hurt. Like really hurt.