Chapter Eight, Part One

(Dallas's POV)

I snuck through the fence and ended
up with the gang. I sat next to Steve, who sat next to Soda, who sat next to Pony, who sat next to Johnny, who was next to Ash. I was on the opposite side of her and for some reason I got annoyed by it.

Ash got up to go get snacks with Pony.
"You coming Winston?" She looked at me. I was going to say yes but I glanced at Johnny, he was staring daggers at me.
"Nah I'm good doll." She nodded and left with Pony. I looked at Johnny but he was staring at the screen now.

It made me feel so weak, not being able to talk to her.  I felt mad at Johnny and mad at myself.

(Ashley's POV)

I was upset, Dally wasn't even trying
to talk to me. The other night when Bob came after me, he looked so mad, so in control. Now he was avoiding me at all costs. I was absolutely pissed. But you know what I wasn't going to let him bother me. I heard about a party and I was going, it was at Buck's too, even better.

"Ash? ASH?" Pony was waving in front of my face.
"Oh uh yeah sorry! What were you saying?"
"Do you want to hangout with me and Cherry tomorrow?" Pony was waiting for my answer.
"Uh no thanks I'm sorta busy tomorrow!" I ordered my coke.
"Oh okay that's fine." He looked disappointed.
"Maybe another time Pony!" He looked up and I could tell he was excited. He smiled and nodded.
We walked back to our seats and handed everyone their cokes.

(Dallas's POV)

Ash handed me my drink I grabbed
it making sure to almost hold her hand. I looked into her eyes, they were full of shock and excitement. I felt it too. Almost as if I hit a wave of electricity. I didn't show it though.

I looked back up at her but she turned and pulled her hand away. She went back to her seat next to Johnny. I was mad, or maybe sad? I was confused.
And no girl, not even Ash is going to get me to care.

I got up and walked out of the theatre.  I didn't even say goodbye. Just got up and left. I don't know what I was doing because I ended up at Buck's with a drink in my hand.

"Hey hunny," I felt a girl wrapping her arms around my neck from behind. I turned to look at her... Sylvia?
"Go away."
"Baby I miss you. Come back to me." She put on a pouty face and inched closer. She lifted my chin to be by her, I pulled away.

"What baby?" She said.
"We can't do this." She grabbed my hand and put another drink in it. I took a sip. "We're over Sylvia! You cheated on me." I said.
"And I'm sorry baby, you were just gone for so long, I couldn't take it!" She hugged my and cried into my shoulder. I didn't hug her back, but I let her stay there anyway.