Family

"So, tell me then, what's it like?"

"What's what like?"

"Kissing Poe Dameron, Sweetheart of the Resistance, Commander and the General's adoptive Son"

Sola jumped up from her position on the top of the bunk bed she shared with Lizzy, sitting up and crossing her arms defensively over herself. Even if her friend couldn't see from her own bed, the felt the need to shield herself from the words.

"I-I never-"

"Oh come on" Lizzy laughed, obviously knowing her friend was growing flustered by the sheer and obvious truth being called out in front, or rather, from below her.

"I can see it in your face, you totally did. Ever since Starkiller base was blown up, you've been practically glowing" The tone of her voice teased Sola into a rapid heart rate, still trying to find an excuse to somehow deny it.

"I thought it was just because we're, ya know, still alive, but today I saw that look on your face again, and I just knew!" The medic continued her assault of words, disregarding every sharp inhale from her mechanic friend above her while she laughed to herself. Of course she was right, Lizzy was always right. The girl had the greatest intuition Sola had ever seen, could give a Jedi a run for their money.

"What- what look on my face?!" Cupping her own cheeks as if to feel the look herself from under her fingers, all Sola could feel was the heat of her embarrassment. She shook her head again, ramming her face back into her pillow with a low groan. She was gonna lose this one, and that meant having to admit to Lizzy, to herself, that she had kissed Poe Dameron. Her heart soared, nervous, ecstatic, hopeful.

"It's like" Lizzy tried to find the words to describe it, she barely managed it "You're all smiling to yourself, not a frown in sight, and your lips" She snorted, thinking back on how they looked when the mechanic had finished her training with the Commander that evening and joined her to get ready for bed.

"They were all red and swollen almost, I'm guessing Poe isn't the gentlest kisser in the Galaxy" She was pondering to herself now, making up theories on the pilot while Sola, unbeknownst to her, was struggling on holding back the loudest sigh in existence. Instead she groaned again into her stiff grey pillow before rolling onto her back, defeat.

"He can be!" Sola defended suddenly, huffing under her breath at what she was about to say before continuing "He can kiss really sweetly" Lizzy made a gagging sound from below her that made the blond smile a little and hold back a laugh.

"Hey, you're the one that asked!"

"I didn't ask for the details!" As much as she appreciated Sola finally opening up to her about this specific subject, knowing exactly what Dameron could do with his mouth was not something she needed to know.

"He can kiss really well alright, roughly, softly, all of it" The mechanic finally confessed, laughing aloud as now it was Lizzy's turn to groan deeply in distress and throw her hands up to knock at her friend's mattress.

"Listen I'm glad you guys made out, but never tell me that again"

She couldn't remember the last time she'd laughed this much, this loud, this genuinely with someone, or even on her own. Sola couldn't even remember the last time she'd felt this happy and content, the mission tomorrow even as it loomed over her head, forgotten in the wake of their teasing banter. It felt good to laugh with Lizzy, to just be again. She suddenly felt like crying, in all the best ways.

"Lizzy..?"

The dark skinned girl below picked up on the subtle change of Sola's voice, her own lowering "Yeah?"