Normality Like Ours

The fresh soaked in moisture in form of fallen leaves and clumps of moss crunched beneath their pair of boots as the two woman walked side by side through the Klossland jungle towards their destination. Sola was sure she would've gotten lost halfway there had Lizzy not offered to take her to the training location Rey liked to occupy here. She'd seen the young Jedi in training less and less as time had went on, the more time she spent training with Leia the less time she spent at the hub of the Rebel base and any other missions off planet.

Finn had asked the mechanic the previous day, if she found the time, to bring Rey some fresh rations and water since he too hadn't seen his friend for a couple of days now and was beginning to worry. He was away to Force knows where with Rose for the day, and since the blond had a free morning she gladly walked with her friend to meet Rey in all her glory.

Many had started to talk at base about Rey's accomplishments, about her Force abilities, or rather, what those growing abilities could do for the Resistance in the ongoing war with the First Order. Sola could only imagine the pressure the young woman would be under, she didn't blame her for wanting to stay away from prying eyes when she trained.

"Wait so you and Dameron-"

"Yes" Sola cut off Lizzy's astounded mutter with a quick wave of her hands "I'm as surprised as you are, it just sort of...happened"

"Happened?!" Lizzy gave her an incredulous look and swatted another low hanging branch away from their heads as they stepped over a fallen tree and through some thick brush. The jungle really was unforgiving when you needed to trudge through it.

"Just sort of happened?!" The dark haired medic repeated as if saying the words herself would make them sound less baffling and more realistic.

Rolling her eyes Sola sent her a shrug before continuing on "Yeah I mean...I never thought it would ever happen at all to be honest, with the war and the tension and everything, I never imagined we'd find the time"

"Oh I think especially with the tension and pressure it was about time" Lizzy interjected with a cackle that made Sola flush and turn her head away.

It still didn't feel quite real to her either, what had transpired between her and Poe a couple of nights ago.

"What about you?" She countered back up at the taller woman cautiously.

"What about me?" It was unlike Lizzy to hold back on her romantic relationships and Sola had to nudge her side after they battled through some more jungle vines that had gotten stuck in the medic's curly head of hair.

"Yeah you, you and Jess" She clarified with a sly grin at which Lizzy scoffed crossing her arms defensively.

Ah, so something did happened then.

"I like her" She sounded more serious than playful and Sola dropped the light tone in favour of listening with a firm nod "A lot, she's funny, pretty good pilot"

"Part of Black Squadron I'd say she's better than 'pretty good'" Sola added.

"And we might've made out a little yesterday" Liz hummed smiling to herself only to cause Sola to burst out with a large grin of her own at the revelation.

"I knew it!" She bounced on her heels, pointing a hand towards her friend "I knew you'd get along, besides the physical attraction I mean" Sola clasped her hands together tightly pride welling for her friends happiness and the hand she had in causing it.

"She reminds me of you sometimes" Liz laughed "Passionate, works hard, throws herself into danger far too often from the stories she's told me"