Sisters

No

This couldn't be it, this could not be how it ended. She was supposed to be part of the Resistance to make a change, to free the Galaxy, to help people. Not to end up sobbing on a First Order Dreadnought ship while every thought she ever had was examined until she would, inevitably, be cut in half with the glowing red wrath of Ren's lightsaber. She'd been staring at it strapped to his hip. At least, perhaps it would be a peaceful and quick death. A small mercy.

The hot trail of tears down her pained cheeks snapped her back to the present, her chest heaving up and down heavily as Kylo Ren hovered in front of her with an expression she would never get to witness hidden under his mask. When still, she would not open her mouth to answer him, the masked Commander took another step closer to end the small distance between them in the room.

Air lodged itself in her throat.

"As you wish" He didn't need to say anything else, his hand raised to her face. It was so large it covered everything within her sight, Sola imagined, that if he really wanted to, he could suffocate her with it and not even break a sweat. Her wet eyes squeezed shut in fear.

Pressure, the pressure on her brain was the first thing she felt. Like an ever growing migraine seeded deep within her organ that caused her breath to come out in sharp bursts and made her mind to lose its grip on reality, sliding through her fingertips like water- like blood. Head pounding against her forehead, she wept, distraught as Ren began his invasion without so much as a twitch from his hand.

Was she really so easy to take apart?

"Why were you tasked with retrieving that droid" His deep voice cut open her brain like a sharp cleaver, her forehead wrinkling and mind racing with thoughts she could no longer control. Every droid unit she'd ever worked on flashed by her, BB-8 being the most prominent one on which Kylo seemed to hover on for a moment longer before moving on.

Her hands, burned, scraped and bleeding from a hard days work. Sitting in the cantina with her friends laughing. Ships buzzing by her head as she peered out into the D'Qar sky.

Every memory played out clearly in her head, each one more painful to try to push away or control, Ren took them as they came, analysing each one for any worth before he delved deeper.

"So you specialise in droids" He muttered under his breath, seeing her fiddling with a wire sometime in her past, she was little then, still a child on Tatooine and suddenly a sharp pain pulled Ren's hand away from her forehead for a second. A strike from her dead father across her little face, or rather, the memory of it had caught the Sith apprentice off guard.

Momentarily, Sola imagined this man had a family too, at some point. Parents, any kind of hint of a human emotion behind that dead unmoving mask. If he did, he didn't show it.

Just like that his large hand lifted to her distraught face again, giving her only a second to open her mouth and speak, beg, before he was in her head again "Don't, p-please, please don't!"

He didn't care, again the memory of her little sister passed her by. Grace's warm smile in the morning sun, sand cookies in her hand, and a laugh she would never hear again until she was screaming in the present. Voice echoing around the room until finally Ren came across what he had been looking for. Poe, holding her, kissing her, and eventually, there with her in the General's office as the stern woman explained their mission to them.

Everything, Ren heard everything and more.

Her head ached and buzzed when the Commander was done with her, watching her head fall back exhausted and spent with nothing left to give. "You mean something to him, to the pilot" Dameron, the one that had escaped them only days prior. The hate that boiled in his mind at the sight of the pilots face in her mind had almost managed to overwhelm Kylo had he not made a conscious effort to focus a little harder. This puny, weak, mechanic meant something to him, which meant he would most likely come to retrieve her if he could. That knowledge was useful.