Rebel Scum

(Warning: This chapter includes Descriptions of graphic violence/torture and blood, read with caution if you're sensitive to those types of things.)

"How's it looking in there buddy, any signs of life?" Poe questioned his droid through the com on his wrist, listening intently ever since BB-8 had rolled silently up and into the broken doors of the base to check for any danger the following day. The pair remained a good distance away, laying flat on the grass out of sight just in case things went south.

After another moment of silence BB replied softly, "Looks like we're all clear" much to all of their relief, BB-8 didn't seem to have found any danger from his brief search of the main building. Meeting them back outside by the entrance as Poe crouched down to pat his head "Great job buddy, we'll take it from here, you keep watch, if you see anything suspicious let me know right away" the droid took it's task seriously, without complaint it rolled off around the side of the round structure to keep watch. Sola could only watch silently with admiration. She wasn't going to intervene on their little moments of teamwork like that.

"Keep your guard up, we could find anything in here, and stay close" Taking out his blaster from the holster on his hip, his other hand around a flashlight, Poe lead the way once more, stepping carefully around the piles of rubble. Large chunks of ceiling had caved in, walls were cracking in several places, and much of the machinery was covered in a thick layer of grime. They needed to be careful, as stable as it still looked, she was sure it would be easy to accidentally knock over a whole wall.

"I think the droid is this way" Pointing down one of the halls forking off to their right, Poe turned to her, pointing his flashlight in the direction to search for any signs she might've spotted. When he found none, he lifted his eyebrow in question.

"How do you know?"

"Scuff marks, on the floor, looks like an older model, but the marks look fresh" Sola pointed just ahead of them to the floor. Two thick lines broke up the dust and dirt just enough to be noticeable.

"Fair enough" Impressed, Poe shrugged and headed in the direction, using the flashlight to guide them along the trail until they reached what looked like the old Command centre. It looked only to be in slightly better condition than the rest of the base.

Her steps echoed around the room as the mechanic came across the droid they'd been searching for. It wasn't a model she'd come across before, but it stood out from the rest of the room enough to tell her it didn't belong. "There" She mumbled scurrying over onto her knees to its side without hesitation. It looked to be powered down, with several scrapes and...was that a blaster hole in its head? Who-

"Watch out!" As soon as the warning left Poe's mouth, a force field surrounded the blond mechanic, a red blinking on the droids body catching her eye. A tracker, her movement must've activated it, whoever had blasted this droid to hell now knew they were here.

"Shit" Cursing under his breath as the pilot tried to find the device that powered the field, Poe looked around the room for anything that would help. A bigger blaster, maybe something to cut away the concrete from under her feet. Nothing, the room was filled only with rubble and broken parts. She was trapped.

"Shitshit, Sola can you disable the field?!" He looked more panicked than she did, though her eyes were wide in fear, all the mechanic was do was stare at him, frozen.

"I-I don't think so" He didn't like that answer and began throwing himself against the buzzing wall only to grunt in pain and fly back a few meters "Poe..." he tried again, the flashlight falling from his hand clanking to the floor loudly.