Let Love Lie

"Thank you for coming to see me on such short notice"

It was Leia Organa who stood opposite Sola early that morning, the sun barely peaking through the unseen horizon outside. The first thought in the mechanic's head was her wondering what the General might have spoken to Poe Dameron about the day prior, but her curiosity was quickly pushed aside when she caught the empty air between them where an answer should've been and straightened up.

"General Organa" She gave a hasty bow as the older woman moved around the small control panel that separated them and ushered her to sit on one of the metal chairs at her side. It was almost four in the morning when Leia had sent for her, not that Sola had caught much sleep that night anyway. Ever since Poe had left their disagreement before it was finished, she'd done nothing but work on ships and lay in her raggedy little bed crying to herself over her regrets.

Maybe if she'd worded it different, expressed herself better he would've understood, would've-
There was no use pondering on that now.

"I won't pry on matters that don't concern me but" Leia moved her head from side to side as if to contemplate while Sola sat down at the edge of her seat impatiently. "Commander Dameron has asked me to restrict you to staying on base" She began, voice soft as not to set off Sola into any upset or agitation at her words.

"Frankly, I think he's being ridiculous of course, even if it's coming from a good place" She gave a small smile which the younger woman returned gladly, just knowing the General shared her sentiment was enough to calm her nerves.

"But I do want you trained better before you go off world for any further missions" The General explained, it was a fair compromise in Sola's mind and she didn't dare argue with clear reason, giving her a nod to continue.

"I've asked Elizabeth"

Sola took a second to comprehend who she was talking about before her eyes widened for a beat and she hurried another nod "Lizzy? Sorry, Elizabeth?" She cleared her throat at the slip up of her friends nickname as opposed to her full name, one she hadn't actually had the chance of speaking out fully before.

"I assume you know her then, I've already spoken to her and she's agreed to help train you in first aid" Leia let out a small chuckle at Sola's eager look, reaching a hand out to place over the blond's "We don't want what happened on Corellia to happen again, I trust you understand why".

Leaving a serious injury untreated and unaddressed, yes. Sola understood why she'd need the training, not just for herself, but for anyone on future missions. She couldn't think of a better field medic to teach her.

"Yes, General"

"Poe's idea" Leia admitted soberly. Because of course it would be, why would Poe let her into anymore dangerous situations, into harms way, without her being able to patch up whatever injury she'll manage to throw herself into next.

"He also said you wanted to learn how to pilot?"

It seemed like Poe liked to talk about her a lot to Leia Organa. For what it was worth, Sola couldn't fault him for it, she was a kind, experienced woman. She couldn't think of a better person to talk to about anything.

"I-I did, I mean, I do" Sola shuffled awkwardly in her seat, unsure of what that foolish passion of hers was now doing in the conversation.

"We need all the pilots we can get, and from how you handled yourself on Crait I can tell you'd turn into a great one. With a little training" A small, knowing smile found itself onto Leia's face, leaning in closer as if to share a secret "But I want you to leave that for another day, focus on learning how to repair Starfighters and train with Elizabeth, at least until we manage to find a more permanent footing for the Resistance".