Resistance Reborn: Pt. 7: Blaster Fire

The scene was a nightmare mix of the surreal of the holo-gram projected serine fish floating through the air, and the all too real as people died on both sides. The smell of salty sea air was thick in the room, wafting through the wide open doors which had been left open behind the First Order soldiers, so potent Sola could almost taste it on her tongue.

Even while the thin First Order officer yelled for calm, the damage had been done and no one was listening.

They took their opportunity, staying low to the ground as they made their way through the crowd "We need to find Suralinda and Charth" Poe said over his shoulder.

"We need to find a couple of blasters" Finn countered.

Sola's free hand rubbed at a spot on her upper thigh over her dress nervously.

"Both" Poe said "Both would be good".

"I'd rather get out of here" As much as she was itching for a fight as well, to fire back and give those First Order troopers a taste of their own medicine. Getting involved in the fight wouldn't do them any favours, they'd only draw more attention.

"Look" Both Poe and Sola followed Finn's directive, and there behind the artificial rocks of a waterfall, Suralinda. Returning fire with a fallen Stormtroopers rifle, they made their way over to her ducking behind columns and avoiding the frightened crowd.

"Where's Charth?" Poe asked as he reached her side, breathing hard.

"Is he alive?!" Was Sola's first thought, and she voiced it breathlessly at their side, peering out over the panicked mass to try and spot any escape route they might be able to sneak through. Stormtroopers were everywhere, and so were dead bodies. She paled and averted her eyes back to Suralinda who looked their way before they all ducked as another blaster shattered the rocks just above their heads.

"He went for the ship, what happened?!" Suralinda asked harshly.

"They must've found out about the auction" Poe gestured towards the woman's blaster with his chin "Don't suppose you have another one of those?"

Sola stiffened glancing nervously down at their intertwined hands before wringing her's out from Poe's grip and under her dress to hover over the concealed blaster she'd snuck with her through security earlier. It was small, strapped to her upper thigh, and she hadn't informed anyone about it in fear she might be told off for risking such a thing in the first place.

She gulped, hesitant, and then slipped it out from the holster and into her shaking hand, keeping it low at her side flicking off the safety before taking aim.

Suralinda smiled, showing fangs "Go find your own, I did"

"A little help then?" Poe countered as the woman leaned out from behind the rocks and took a moment to steady her aim despite incoming fire, one shot, and she took out the Stormtrooper closest to her.

Finn darted forward to retrieve the weapon Suralinda giving cover fire. Finn grabbed the blaster and dived behind a column several meters away not sparing a glance back to them.

"Good?" Suralinda asked with a small smirk.

"We can't leave yet, we got to get that list" Poe said, and Sola turned her head to him with astonishment,

"We didn't get it?!" She breathed, and his eyes were on her for the first time since they'd arrived. Taking in her disheveled hair and the red handprint on her face, only then did the curly haired pilot catch the blaster in her hands within his gaze.