Klosslands

Ajan Kloss, that was their new home. After many gruelling days spent aboard the Millennium Falcon moving from one location to the next, landing on solid ground was a welcome pleasure. Their new Rebel base in the Klosslands, it was a jungle planet, the first one Sola had ever been on and the sight was breathtaking.

Trees, ferns, flowers, so many different types of plants she'd never even dreamt of. Each one more brilliant in its green hues than the next. Lizzy had teased her about her childlike wonder when they had crash landed and began to set up the new base, but Sola had merely brushed her off and wandered off into the jungle forest with fire alight in her eyes. If only Grace was here to see it too.

Grace hadn't crossed her mind for a while now. With the Resistance so busy setting up their new base and establishing themselves in the space, every one was needed. Sola had found no time to think back, to mourn. Lizzy had carefully suggested she take an afternoon alone to think, but Sola had refused outright. She was scared. Scared to think about it, to feel it. Her brain had pushed the trauma so far back anytime she thought of her little sister, her dead sister, whom she had killed. Her mind went blank and instead she took another task upon herself to keep it distracted.

Poe too had been avoiding her too, away on recruitment missions and important duties since their shared moment after she'd dragged his lifeless body from the lake and somehow managed to revive him. Or maybe Sola had been avoiding him? Probably a mix of both. Of course Rose as well as Finn had asked her about what happened between them, but every time they'd caught the look on her face the conversation was quickly steered in a different direction and the topic was left unanswered.

Was that healthy? Probably not.

BB-8 beeped in her ear to catch her attention. Every possible verity of flower she had found so far near the base stuffed in her arms, a couple tumbling out as she turned towards the astromerch. "B, what's up?" The mechanic grinned, already on her knees by a patch of flowers she had been admiring when the droid rolled up to her. He looked at her for a second before beeping in question "These?" Glancing down at the array of plants she shrugged "Been collecting them, aren't they pretty?!" She'd never come across so many colours before, and the smell? Divine. "Want one?"

Again the little adorable droid hesitated before he spoke again, a flap opening from its body to reveal a tool which could take a hold of one of the flowers she was offering. He held onto it gingerly, a red verity she didn't know the name of. Thanking her with a beep, he pulled it inside his body for safe keeping before continuing with another series of chirps.

"Jessika needs help with a droid?" Sola mused, standing slowly to try and balance the flowers in her arms. "Sure, lead the way" Satisfied with her answer, BB-8 rolled up ahead through the grass and roots. Leading her to the open landing zone which housed the tiny fleet of X and A-Wings they'd managed to acquire, barely enough to make up a full squadron. More ships and new recruits were coming in slowly however, the sight was a hopeful one.

"They call her what?!" BB-8 had decided to reveal to her a little fact about Jess as they walked making Sola snort loudly and speed up "The 'great destroyer'?!" She laughed at the astromech as he beeped again, telling her that all the other droids were scared of her because of how many of them she'd sent to the scrapyard. After another giggle, Sola quieted down again and shook her head.

"Jess?" Sola called as they walked past a row of ships, looking for the top of the dark haired woman's head to try and spot her.

"Over here!" Pava called back from up ahead, she was sitting below an older X-Wing model with another droid, a droid which seemed to be overly damaged. It was covered in dents and missing panels, beeping angrily at the pilot who was trying to force a wire back into one of its holes.