𝐒𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬 /Tendou Satori/

Soulmates au

TW: bullying, losing your soulmate

Angst
________________________

The glowing red string was the only thing that lightens up the room a little. (Name) was curled up on the floor, holding the string in her hands with one end tied to her ring finger. She held the string gently between her fingers and with her closed eyes, she admired the light glow of the string. "How have you been?" she whispered to the string and closed her eyes. 'Not good but I am still alive' her soulmates voice, Satori Tendou sounded in her head as she smiled. It means that he replied by talking back to her through the string. It worked like this. They could communicate by talking to the string. People called it 'Talking to the soul'.

She has been communicating with him for months but he never said his name. He knew hers but he never told her his. He said 'You would get disgusted if you knew who I am. People call me a monster'. She never thought of him like that. Every time they talked, she had fun. She loved talking to him but at the same time,  she got to know his problems. She wanted to help him but he wouldn't let her. He said that talking to her was enough. That she was helping him by talking to him.

'Don't tell me that you are laying on the floor again' Tendou spoke again and she chuckled. She leaned closer to the string, whispering so that she wouldn't wake up her parents. "Maybe?" she smiled but her expression dropped down again as she replayed the sentence he said. "They did something to you again?" she asked worriedly. 'Yeah, but nothing new. Don't worry' he ensured her but it didn't work. She exhaled and called him by the nickname she gave him. "Hot Stuff, I know that you told me to not worry about you but how am I supposed to do that? They are hurting you and calling you bad names. I want to help you. Please?" she whispered with sadness in her voice.

It was silent for a while but then he replied. 'We talked about this already. When will the time come up, I will tell you my name. I'm sorry cutie' he spoke with tiredness in his voice. "I understand..." she exhaled and held the string to her forehead. "I just want to hold you in my arms, telling you that you are save from those bullies" she whispered. 'It is cute how you are so caring even though you don't really know who I am' Satori chuckled and yawned. 'It's time to go to sleep. Sleep well cutie' he mumbled. "Yeah... good night Hot Stuff," (Name) said back and went to sleep in her bed. 'Be safe' was her last thoughts before she fell asleep.

A sudden pain rushed through her body as she woke up in a pool of sweat at 5 am. The pain was unbearable. Her heart was aching and her head was spinning. "What is happening?" she said in agony and clawed her chest, desperately trying to breathe. Her red string started to glow more but she saw gray parts. Scared, she talked to the closest person. "Hot Stuff!" she screeched and held the string to her chest, feeling closer to him like that.

'I am so sorry' his voice sounded in her head whilst sobs, which weren't hers ringed in her head. "What is happening" she cried. Her chest was aching so bad and she wanted to end it all. To end the pain. "Why is my string turning gray?!" she was so scared. And of course, worried for her soulmate Tendou. 'I cut it without your permission. I am so so sorry' his crying voice filled with pain echoed in her head like a lullaby.

"You did what?! Why? Please tell me your joking" her voice was echoing through her room, not caring about waking up her parents. 'They didn't let me go' he said and repeated 'sorry' again and again. "Who? Hot Stuff, who?" she tried to ignore the pain in her chest and focus on the person on the other line. 'I can't tell you who. I am so sorry my soulmate. I think this is the end between us' he cried with her. The string started to fade a little. "Please don't leave me here like this!" she begged. "I didn't get to know you more. I didn't get to know your name!" she clawed her chest trying to stop the pain.

"You're not a monster! If this is our last moment... remember that you are not a monster! You are my soulmate and the only person who I can rant about everything. You are so- so kind and sweet and amazing!" she told him almost out of breath. The string was fading more and more and it hurt her to look at the string fading slowly away with his voice. "You are the best thing that happened to me," she whispered and held the almost gone string in her hands. The pain was fading away a little too.

"I could have helped you... I could have protected you from those guys. I would be by your side! We would get close and I would never let you go. I would hold you close like I am always holding my string. I want to hug you and tell you that you are not a monster. That you are more like an angel to me," her big tears were staining her shirt but she didn't care. She cared about him the most at the moment. He was almost gone.

The last part of the string that remained was losing its glow and she held it closer to her as she knew that the end is close. "Please don't go" she whispered to the string as she stared at it, thinking if he heard her. If she could hear his voice for the last time. 'My name is Satori Tendou. I will find you,' he said before the string disappeared and (Name) was laying on the bed, sobbing loudly. Her heart stopped aching but she couldn't focus on anything. She just lost her soulmate.

Tendous bullies kicked him into his stomach and pulled his hair. "We told you to not tell her your name you piece of crap!" one of them yelled. "You are so desperate to meet her eh?" the other one said and crouched down to his level. "Good luck with finding her then," he chuckled and threw the scissors that Tendou was forced to cut the string with. The thing that made him lost contact with the girl that understood him the most. The girl that he loved even though he didn't meet her yet.

"I promise... I'll find you" he mumbled and lied on the floor. He was so tired. He slowly closed his eyes and fell asleep. But it looked like life was sucked out of him. His pale skin and the weirdest thing for people, missing red soulmate string.