Preview

I was never the most happiest fish in the sea.

Everybody in my school would make fun of me for, well, being me. My hair wasn't as flawless as there's, my eyes were a little to dull for my liking, my smile would never cause a person to feel all giddy inside, it'd simply make them feel nauseous. I've learned not to smile in public anymore, for the sake of the world.

There were moments when I was happy. Like when I celebrated my twelfth birthday. Back then I had loads of friends. Well a lot to me anyways. I still internally smile at the moment when I lost my first tooth, how proud I was, plus the thought of getting a quarter under my pillow from a magical fairy, was a splendid idea to me. I was a dreamer then, telling myself that no matter what life throws at me, I will become who I still to this day dream of being. Becoming a famous singer, where millions would admire me. For me, and my music. Not a fake image that I always lay out to others. No, I'd make sure of that.

But I'm scared. Oh so very scared of that thought. Imagining is one thing, but living it is another.

I'm not saying I'd ever make it to the top with Lana Del Rey, and Lorde. Oh no. If I ever gather the courage to do that, they'd probably rip the contract in front of me on my first day. I suppose it's because I don't have loads of courage like my classmates, I don't have the looks like the celebrities, well, let's face it, I don't have much.

I live in the outskirts of London. A little town called Holmes Chapels. Scratch that, lived in Holmes Chapels. You see, my mother, father and brother, oh, and don't forget my dog, had decided to get a fresh start. Since, things were never really going well in the Payne family. We thought going in the big city of London would solve our problems. The thing I adored so much, is that the house we lived in, reflected so much more light into it, and God did it feel marvelous.

When the first day of school came knocking at my door though, things started to look just like it did in Holmes Chapels. Which lead to memories, haunting memories. What made it worse, was the fact that I started to get panic attacks almost everyday. If somebody took even a step towards me, I'd freak out and scream as if I was a little girl seeing a spider for the first time.

But soon, we will be moving again. Out of the UK though, my mum thought it'd be best to leave my shattered kingdom behind. Soon, I'll be living in a huge city named New York. And, I'll have to tough it out at a new school.

It makes me sad to know that all of this is happening because I can't seem to find a good home.

A/N:

Hi there lovely children, teenagers, you know what I mean. Hee hee.
Anyhoo, I am here to tell you I'm excited to write this story! It actually took me a long time to think of this, so hope you enjoy! You'll notice Superhero (Refurbished) is gone. I deleted it for I found it to depressing. Oops!
Sorry, to the ones who enjoyed it. Although I don't know how many of you actually did. Heh.
Okay, I'm done ranting my mind off, enjoy the book!! Chapter 1, coming soon, in theaters near you.
Okay, well not actually in the theaters because I'm not that big, and I'm gonna shut up now. Bye lovelies!

- ABCStylez