Ch. 8; Harry

With no sight of Liam hot on my heels, I stop midway through the dance floor. Toxic teenagers danced rather 'aggressively', whilst I tried looking for the one and only Harry Styles. I wasn't shocked to know that he was here, or that he was dangerous. The fact was, knowing Harry was supposedly dangerous, hurt me. Like a bullet piercing my heart.

When I finally had sight on a mop of curls, I immediately ran towards it. Although, when I turned the guy around, he was just some random person I didn't recognize. I was starting to feel defeated, until somebody tapped on my shoulder and I spun around in fear. Green eyes pierced my soul, and not just any green eyes. Harry's eyes.

"What are you doing here?" He exclaimed over the extremely loud music.

"Looking for you, believe it or not." I chuckled, nervously playing with the tip of my hair. (No, I wasn't flirting.)

"What's wrong?" He frowned.

"Harry, is there something you're not telling me?" I pestered, "Something like, you're apart of Louis' gang?"

Harry stood there dumbfounded, acting as if he had no idea what I meant. But I knew for a fact that he understood everything that just came out of my mouth. When Liam told me he was 'dangerous', I knew for fact it had to do with Louis. Due to the fact, Harry might've owed Louis money, but that doesn't mean they could be apart of the same gang. Plus, Louis stated that he thought that the rest dyed with him, and it must've been something to hide the fact that they lost gang members. They were also suspicious around each other, being how Louis knew about Harry's parents, which may or may not be true. Expect, this was a hunch, and I'm not usually right. I think to much when I'm angry, as you can tell.

I looked closer into Harry's eyes. What I saw was, guilt, frustration, and sorrow.

"Why do you care?" Harry snapped, this time anger filled his emerald eyes.

"Because Harry, you're the only one who tried to be my friend. And I'm grateful for that. So I am trying to return the favor." I explained.

"You don't need to be so crude about it though." He mumbled, scratching the back of his neck.

Was I really being that mean towards him? I was just worried that he put himself in the wrong place. Although, he could've been part of Louis' gang for awhile now, before he met me. I'm still wondering why I even care though. It's not like we've known each other for long. It's been less than two weeks, and I consider him a friend. I bet he doesn't feel the same way anyways, since it's obviously part of Louis' teasing.

Harry walked away without another word, and I couldn't find the strength to follow him. I was to irritated with myself, that I practically hated everything about me. Didn't they tell us don't rush into things? Didn't you flash your green eyes at me? Haven't you heard what becomes of curious minds? A tear escaped my eye, and even more started to come tumbling down. All this, anxiety, all this depression, was stuck inside of me, and I couldn't get rid of it. I felt useless to the world, and I'm sure that the world thought the same. My life has been horrible, actually. This is my third home, and I absolutely despise it. Nobody likes me again, I swear I have a curse. My brother now dislikes me, and to top it all off, my parents could care less about me, or my brother as a matter of fact.

I bolted out of the mansion, and headed home, even if I had a long way to go. You know, I might as well just runaway! I don't think anybody would mind, they never notice me anyways. Well maybe Mabel, but nobody would care if she told others I was missing.

As I was walking, a car pulled up beside me and started to honk their horn. I simply rolled my eyes and carried on with my exhausting walk.

"Paris, its Liam. Now get your ass in the car!" My brother (surprisingly) bellowed.

I didn't hesitate to get in the car. Yes, Liam might not like me very much, but at least I have somebody I trust to take me home. I wasn't in the mood for a criminal killing me late at night.

"Why'd you run from me?" He inquired, raising his eyebrow in a curious manner.

I didn't speak, I was to angry to speak. Plus, my mind was thinking about to much stuff. I was thinking about the time I lived in Holmes Chapel. Clifford wasn't born at the time, it was his mum. I was just a wee little girl, whilst my brother had towered over me in height. We are only three years apart. Mum and dad, we're making burgers on the barbecue, whilst me and Liam played on our swing set. I was actually happy then, I suppose most of the reasoning was the fact that I wasn't in school yet. I faintly remember a boy the around the age of Liam came to play with us. I do remember sea green eyes, like Louis' I suppose you could say. He was charming, and I think the more he came over I developed a crush on him.

"Paris!" A voice screamed, which certainly caught my attention.

"Sorry, sorry." I squeaked, noticing we were at home and climbed out of the truck.

"Now get to bed, lil sis." He hastily said. But when he mentioned my nickname 'lil sis', I couldn't help but smile. Liam was still there. Just not quite.

~~~~~

"Usual please."

"Of course Paris."

"Thanks Pepito."

Pepito handed me my order, and smiled afterwards before I returned the favor (although I gave him money) and sat down at my usual seat. I guess you could say, I came here often. Suddenly, a person sat across from me at my table, wearing a black hoodie. I was about to sass his sorry butt out of my chair, until he revealed his face. It was Harry.

"Harry? What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be sitting with Louis, and Mabel?" I pondered sarcastically.

"Oh please, Paris. You don't actually think I'm apart of Louis' gang, do you?" Harry chuckled, but I didn't stop glaring daggers into his soul.

"If the shoe fits."

Harry scowled at my remark before answering my awfully rude response, "Paris, I am not apart of Louis' gang. I promise you. Sure I was in the past, I admit it. But not now, and never again will I be."

"How do I know you're not lying?" I pestered even more, I don't no know why but I was enjoying this a little to much.

"Question is Paris, how do you know all this?"

"I have my ways." I shrugged.

"So you weren't listening to mine and Louis' conversation? Huh?"

So he did see me, shoot. "No."

"Liar, I saw you dimwit. Plus I know that Liam warned you about me at the party." Harry scoffed, surprising me with all this information he knew.

"How'd you know Liam warned me about you." I inquired, crossing my arms over my chest.

"I have my ways." He mocked, which bugged me, a lot.

"Harry! Tell me!" I begged, jumping in my seat like a two year old.

"You won't like it." He started.

"Try me."

"Louis told me."

I pondered for a moment, allowing the information to slowly sink in. Louis told him? How did he know I snooped, and that Liam warned me about Harry? It all made no sense.

"Louis heard and saw, you. Apparently you were really loud. So he told me, thought I'd give him money with the new found news. And the party you went to was Louis', he owns that house being how he's some kind of frat boy. He told me he over heard your brother talking about me, so I was warned." Harry shrugged, leaning against his chair and smirking menacingly to me.

"Liam must know something, that must be why he's acting so strange." I muttered to myself.

Liam and Louis must've known each other. Or maybe they still do?

{Okay, not my finest work but, more was revealed! Paris' flashback with her family was important. Just so ya know. Hope you're enjoying! Vote. Comment. And/or follow me! Bye lovelies!}