Ch. 13; Family

Authors P.O.V

My home, this will always be my home...

The ten year old girl swung happily on her swing set, enjoying the breeze that hit against her skin. A smile accompanied her face, whilst she watched her brother sprint towards her.

"LiLi!" She exclaimed, jumping off the blue swing set and swinging her arms around her brother.

"Hello, lil sis." He chuckled, putting her down and patting her head like a pampered dog.

The two started to chase each other around the backyard. Of course, it's because they chose to play a fair game of tag. There mum and dad were coming outside to start supper. Today was Saturday, and in the Payne family a nice barbecue is suitable on weekends. As long as it's summer that is.

Mr. Payne, threw a burger on the grill and then another, and another, until there were five circular patties on it. Now, you might be wondering, why would they cook five if there's only four of them? Well the answer is, a certain twelve year old boy would be making an appearance soon at the lovely family's house.

"Liam! Paris!" A voice called.

The two hyper kids stopped what they were doing and stared intently at there friend. His name was Louis. Louis Tomlinson to be exact. It was always just Liam and Louis, until Liam insisted that Louis met his sister. Like always, he bragged about her for an hour, and Louis immediately wanted to meet her. So here we are now, all three of them being the best of friends where practically nothing could tear them apart.

"Louis!" The two chanted sauntering over to the blue eyed boy in complete excitement. (Mummy and daddy always thought its best to calmly walk over to your friends, instead of trampling over them.)

The three best friends started to play hide and go seek, whilst Mr and Mrs Payne prepared there meal. And like usual, the children were in for a treat.

"Kids! Dinner!" Mrs. Payne called out, "But wash your hands before you eat."

"Yeppers!" They answered in unison.

◢◣

"How's was school guys?" Mr. Payne asked, munching on his hamburger afterwards.

Louis replied first, "Very well sir!"

"Don't call me sir, Louis. Sure it's respectful, but wouldn't that mean that if I weren't to call you sir I'd be disrespecting you?"

"Very true s-. Actually, you know I never really caught your name." Louis honestly stated.

"It's Phil." He chuckled.

"Okay, Phil."

And that's how there dinner went, conversing about random subjects, eating (of course), and most of all, laughing. This family was absolutely full of laughter, jokes, puns, you name it. And even though some things they came up with were absolutely cheesy, you always managed to laugh.

Nowadays, this family rarely speaks to one another. Maybe some yeahs, and sure's are spoken to one another, but not something major. At least Liam's and Paris' bond stayed strong.

Paris' P.O.V

"Sorry, but I have to say Lynyrd Skynyrd did an amazing job on it. Plus, it's there song anyways." I scoffed.

"Yeah, but Shinedown's version of Simple Man was brilliant! His voice was raspy, and perfect!" Harry protested.

"Now you sound gay." I replied with a straight face.

Harry then placed his sub down and bluntly stared at me. Although this stare down seemed completely irrational, and childish, both me and Harry knew how it was going to end. Just as planned, we bursted out laughing like mad fools. Practically, the entire restaurant glared at us with utter hatred. Except, I could honestly care less. I was happy, and so was Harry, and that's all that really mattered in my book.

"Gosh. We're such losers." I admitted, looking down at my lap with a grin on my face.

For the past week me and Harry have been hanging out nonstop. Mostly because we wanted to find out more about this stalker guy, but sadly we had no luck.

I've researched things on the gang building fire, but I only know that witnesses saw Louis at the scene with no weaponry in sight. Apparently the word 'Liar' spray painted on the wall was the only thing they were able to put as evidence. They say that it was fresh so the 'criminal' must've been the one to write it. Therefore, Louis spray painted 'Liar' on there hideout. Why? The answer I have come up with is simple. Harry must've lied to Louis about something concerning the money he owes him. The building that caught on fire was Harry's old gang place (which Liam had told me before), where he and the rest of them hung around. The fire might have been started by Louis, but if he wanted the money so badly, he wouldn't do something so idiotic. Harry would have died and Louis would never have gotten his money.

"Good news! Zayn gave me the address to where Lloyds friend is located." Harry explained, "Apparently he was arrested for selling drugs. Typical. We should go to the jail and talk to him."

"No way!" I shouted, "He could kill us with his bare hands for all we know! Or one of the dudes in jail could snatch one of us and kill us!"

"Calm down, Paris. I won't let anything happen to you. Promise, okay? Weren't you okay with it the last time is was mentioned." He  sought out.

"Yeah I was cool about it then, but we weren't going right away at the time. Now, we're leaving already and it is just so overwhelming. Either way though, I need to find this guy, and if talking to a drug dealer is the way, so be it." I courageously exclaimed, holding my head up high for a change.

"Okay, let's go."

{Hope you enjoyed! Short I know, but things will pick up again! Promiso! Authors P.O.V, was important by the way! Vote. Comment. And/or follow moi!}