Ch. 10; Louis

I went to school the next day with my head held high. The weekend I had just accompanied was rather joyous. Liam and I finally connected again, and I'm happy to say I have my brother back. Ever since we spoke about what was going on in Liam's life, he feels more strong and brave about the situation. Which I'm extremely glad for. One thing I'm still mopping about is, my issues. I tried calling Mabel last night, but sadly she didn't answer. And for Harry, well I was actually scared to talk with him for some reason. So I left that idea to the side.

I swung the doors open, confidence filling my entire body up like a cup of tea. Like usual, students glared at me, and even laughed. But I, being the somewhat happy person, smiled at them like what they had been saying we're the nicest things somebody could ever say. When I arrived at my locker, I was relieved to see Mabel patiently waiting for me. I haven't seen her in practically a week.

"Paris!" Mabel squeaked leaping onto me for a bear hug.

I happily hugged her back, smiling at my new friend afterwards.

"I'm sorry I haven't been talking to you in a while." Mabel apologized, but I shook my head understandably.

"I know, with Louis on your back and everything."

I slightly widened my eyes, hoping she wouldn't think anything of what I said. "Yeah, ever since we stood up to him, he's been hot on my heels."

I mentally sighed with satisfaction. Knowing she didn't expect anything from me, just cut off a chunk of my worries.

Me and Mabel stopped at a familiar locker, and waited patiently for God knows who. Although, once a curly haired teenage boy came into view, I knew for a fact that it was the one and only, Harry Styles.

"Well hello ladies." Harry welcomed, "What brings you to my wonderful locker?"

"Harold..." Mabel growled.

I was slightly confused with Mabel's small outburst, but tried not thinking anything of it. For I know that if I had, I'd be trying to figure out why, and make up crazy reasonings. Such as, maybe she found out about knowing Harry owed Louis money, and is sick of him. Especially his cheeky personality. I remember when I sort of met him, and he annoyed me to my living grave. Or would my grave be dead? If it was made out of wood, it would be, I suppose.

I think way to much.

"Shall we go to class?" I inquired, whilst both Mabel and Harry nodded.

◣◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣◢

Before I was about to leave my 'humble' school, (note my sarcasm) I headed to my locker to grab some extra notebooks I'd need for a very important assignment. Sadly when I arrived, Louis was leaning against it like he owned the school. Cocky much, may I add?

"What do you want Tomlinson?" I sneered, pushing him out of my way so I could put my combination in.

"Pushy much. Like literally, what makes you think you can push me like that!" Louis shouted, pinning me against the locker beside mine.

"Let me go!" I squirmed in his grip, but he was much too stronger than me.

"Tell me, Payne. What's with this sudden confidence?" Louis snarled, glaring his sea blue eyes into my soul.

"Don't call me Payne." I spat.

Although my confidence was fairly strong, the anxiousness I usually always had was starting to come back. My palms began to sweat, and I'm quite positive that glints of fear radiated off my eyes like a hotel sign. For some odd reason, Louis' face kept inching closer to mine, and I gulped the nervousness down my throat. To say the least, I was extremely scared. What was Louis planning to do? Supposedly, he liked me before, so maybe he still feels the same?

Except, that couldn't actually be possible. Louis' hated me ever since I started school here. I remember the first day we met like it was yesterday. Liam was guiding me through the halls with the principal, (I had refused to do anything without Liam) and when I arrived at my locker, it was beside Louis'. For some reason, he was shocked. But he said rude comments to me when both the principal and Liam left. I would constantly tell Liam, but he told me he couldn't do anything. Or he'd go to juvey for encountering a student without permission.

So my question still remains. Why would Louis still like me? My brother betrayed him, so who's to say I'd do the same? I mean I probably wouldn't, being how I'd be to terrified to, but still.

Louis' lips grazed mine, causing a shiver to run through my spine.

"You're so beautiful." Louis breathed.

"L-l-"

Suddenly, his lips crashed onto mine expecting me to move in sync. Though, I was scared and paralyzed. I wouldn't, and certainly couldn't move a muscle. I was shocked with Louis' next move, and a little... excited? Oh no, I shan't be excited for such a terrible person like Louis. But in retrospect, is he really that bad?

Louis pulled apart and stared deep into my eyes, love swirling in his.

"Hey! Tomlinson!" A voice shouted.

Louis immediately spun around, and to my advantage it was my savior, Harry. Louis softly chuckled at Harry, possibly for being here. Harry on the other hand, was lashing out inside his mind. (It was pretty obvious.)

"What are you doing?" Harry asked, in the most angriest voice possible, whilst digging his nails into his palms. Poor hands.

"Oh nothing." Louis snickered, scratching the back of his neck, as if he was... nervous?

"Leave her alone, Lewis." Harry smirked, referring to Louis' most hated name.

"Don't call me that."

"I just did." Harry replied like a two year old.

Louis was about to pounce onto Harry, and possibly pound the living hell out of him. So I ran into the middle of them with hopes that they'd clue in that I don't want any violence right now.

"Stop!" I exclaimed, "Just stop! First of all, Louis, how could you kiss me, when you clearly told me you despised me. It's so immature! And Harry, why are you so jealous! I know that we're friends, well at least I think we are, but you don't need to be so overprotective!"

It went silent for a while, making the situation a wee awkward. Finally, Louis spoke, but something I honestly hoped he wouldn't say.

"Yeah Harry, why are you so overprotective, huh?"

Harry stiffened at the sudden questioned before answering, "Because, because, I'm her friend. Is it so wrong?"

"Ye-"

"It isn't." I interrupted Louis from saying such an ignorant reply.

I looked at both Louis and Harry, and they both shared the same emotion. Guilt, and fear. Also frustration, but we all know that it's for obvious reasons. So I absentmindedly started to walk away from them, due to the fact I was sick and tired of there childishness.

"Where are you going?" I'm assuming Louis asked.

"Home, school is done you twat."

{Hope you enjoyed the chapter! This chapter was actually important, so I hope you read every detail. Vote. Comment. And/or follow me!}