The Rescue Bots

Cody was explaining to me about the robots. I was standing there listening to him carefully. He began pointing the bots to me one by one as he explained. He started with the leader of the Rescue Bots, Heatwave.

A hot-headed red firetruck. He is a leader appointed by another leader but in a higher rank to be the leader of this group. While Cody was introducing him, I noticed he seemed to be looking at another way, trying to avoid eye contact.

"This," Cody began as he pointed at the Police-bot, "is Chase. He loves laws. He partners with our dad." Chase was blue and white. He still stood still. I laughed. "Relax, Chase. I was much more afraid of you before I even know so much about you guys." Chase looked at me, not sure of what to say. His scared expression is all that he can express.

"This is Blades," Cody continued. Blades transformed into his vehicular mode, fearing that I would do something to him. "Blades? Are you okay?" I asked. "Will you tell anyone else about our existence," he asked timidly, his entire body shaking. "I don't even have friends, Blades. Back at the center? That was like a prison," I replied as I gave him the biggest smile.

"Hi!" The Construction-bot greeted brightly, "My name is Boulder. What is your name?" I was shocked. This bot seemed to have a personality brighter than the others. Something struck me. The bots had no idea what my name is!

"Greetings, Rescue Bots. My name is Miku. I am turning 13 years old this year. I don't really have friends back at the adoption center."

The bots gave me a confused look.

"What is an 'adoption center'?" Boulder asked.

"It is a place where children without parents stay," Cody explained.

"Where are your parents?" Blades asked me.

"I... don't know. The only memory I have is only walking to the center alone. I was cold and hungry. It was around winter when I entered the center," I explained.

"Did you wander off yourself?" Heatwave asked.

I shook my head. "No, I do have a feeling my parents just didn't want me anymore."

"Miku," Chief Burns called out.

I walked over to Chief. Unexpectedly, the family apologized to me for hiding the truth from me. I smiled. Now I know why they have to hide this secret from me.

I find myself hanging out with the Rescue Bots every day after I had my breakfast. One day, Heatwave invited me to a Cybertronian game.

"The name is not translatable," Heatwave explained, "but I can teach you." I smiled. He took out a datapad full of instructions when I stopped him. "I think I recognize these alphabets," I told him. He seemed confused, along with the others who overheard our conversation.

"You know Cybertronian?" Blades asked.

"I think so," I replied.

"So what does it say?" Heatwave asked me as he handed me the datapad.

"Well, it works almost the same as human chess. It's just that the names are different. For example, Flank is the root of human chess. If I'm not wrong, Archer is the bishop of human chess," I explained.

Everyone was surprised, even Heatwave although he rarely gives that expression.

"Are you... from Cybertron?" Boulder asked.

I closed my eyes, trying to process everything when I saw an image sequence playing in my head. It showed two bots fighting for their lives against each other on a faraway planet. Strangely, I was there, behind them ready to launch an attack. I was with another bot in yellow.