The 'Deception'

In the middle of the night, we received a call from a jewelry shop owner. Cody did not wake up after all that commotion. I'm surprised that he is such a heavy sleeper.

  All of the Rescue Bots woke up from their recharge. No one was fully energized, not even me. I was in the state that I was half awake but half asleep. Emergencies usually don't happen in the middle of the night for us. "Emergency... ugh... dispatch..." I yawned in the middle of receiving the call. "NO TIME FOR YAWNING, MISSY! OUR JEWELS ARE STOLEN!" The caller screamed. Usually, this would shock me till I wake up, but this time it didn't work. "We're on our way," I declared before hanging up. "What is it?" Chief Burns asked. "Stolen jewels in the jewelry shop," I said, yawning. "Can someone slap me until I wake up fully? I can't work if I'm in this state," I asked with a tired expression. Suddenly, I got smacked from the back without warning.

  I woke up after a few seconds of being slammed to the wall hard. "Sorry," Heatwave apologized. I laughed. "I'm sure that woke everyone up," I said. "Rescue Bots, roll to the rescue!" Heatwave declared.

  I rode in Heatwave just in case he falls asleep. We arrived at the jewelry store. "Step out calmly with your hands in the air!" Chase calls out once Chief set foot on the floor. All of a sudden, Chase was shot by a powerful blaster. "This isn't just a robbery," I muttered to myself.

  "We know you have a human-fox living with you. Turn her in, and we will give Kade back, along with the riches stolen," a robber from the inside spoke in a loudspeaker. "Miku, whatever you do, do not think about it," Heatwave snapped. "Chase is hurt. He's bleeding, bad," I said. "What do we do?" Heatwave asked. "I'm sending you a list of instructions on how to treat Chase after this," I told Heatwave. "Okay, what do we do ne-" I cut him off by jumping outside with my hands in the air.

  "That is the face we want to see," the other robber chuckled. "Now give us what you owe us," I shouted. The gang laughed out loud. "Come to us so we can cuff you up, then we will release whatever we had stolen," the taller robber (I assume is the leader) spoke. I walked towards them slowly. Heatwave began revving his engine and turning his lights up to the highest level. "Fire-bot, deactivate rescue mode," I snapped at him.

  What they didn't know was that I had invented two new things for myself when situations like this arrive. A pair of invisible glasses that can help me scan the whole building for items I need to search for; two skin-color gauntlets for my hands that contain weapons inside.

  When they were about to cuff me, I summoned a blaster and shot the floor. That shocked the robbers. I ran inside the jewelry and into a bathroom stall. "Guys, listen closely to me," I tapped into the comm-unit.

  "Chief Burns, Dani, and Graham distract the robbers. Walk up to them and beg them to release Kade. They would definitely push you away. As they push you away, grab their walkie-talkies. There are about ten other people hidden around you guys. Go, now!

  "Heatwave, I have activated a hologram inside you. Reverse and find another way into the jewelry store.

  "Blades and Boulder, there is a hologram inside you as well. Scare off the people hidden in the bushes. There are 5 people on each side. Only left and right. They can't see you approaching if you have your lights off.

  "I will be getting Kade. Trust me on this one."

  I ran to the second floor where I saw Kade and a few bags of items. "I'm getting you out of here, you may feel dizzy and nauseatic for a while," I told him as I cut the ropes binding him and picked him up to teleport him back to the firehouse. I teleported again to get the bags of items back to the firehouse. Teleportation could drain my power energy level drastically, and I may end up dying as well.