Cooperation

"Hey, guys!" Cody called out one day.

  I was in my room reading novels. I can't take my eyes off them for just a millisecond! The main character was close to death, but then his father came to the rescue! After that... you get what I mean! Someone knocked on my door. "Miku, team meeting," Chief called out. "Give me a few more minutes, I'm almost done reading," I whined. "Now," he firmly instructed. Aww man...

  "Frankie will be coming over for a sleepover. You guys don't mind?" Cody asked. "I'm okay with it, as long as she doesn't bust into the bunker any time she wants," Heatwave huffed. "Don't worry, Frankie isn't like those kids who climb into a firetruck," Cody reassures Heatwave. "Do we have an additional guest room? I'm quite sure that after renovating my room the other guest room was kinda 'deleted'," I asked. "I was about to get to that. Can you and Frankie share a room?" Cody suggested. "Why not Dani?" I asked. "Dani likes sticking to herself," Cody muttered. Heatwave tapped my shoulder. "A word?"

  "I can sleep in your vehicle mode, you know," I said. "Ya think it's that easy? After the incident with Ms. Pynch, I don't think I feel safe for you to stay with me," Heatwave argued back. "Relax, she's gone now," I assured him. "You're not getting my point, Miku. There are still people out there who would like to 'buy us'," Heatwave said. "I understand your worry, but without me, you wouldn't have been here!" I exclaimed. "That may be true, but-" I cut him off. "I understand your concern. I can take care of myself. Besides, folks back home didn't call me fierce for no reason," I debated. "Your choice," he sighs.

  We went back to the gang. Frankie had already arrived. "Frankie, you can take my room. I'll be with the bots instead," I said. She smiled sweetly in thanks. "Have fun, kids," I waved them off as I walked to my room.

  I have to clean this mess up. My diary log has to be locked in my secret safe inside one of the floor tiles. After putting it in there, Frankie knocked on the door. "Come in. I'm done," I said loudly. "Are you sure you want me to sleep in here?" She asked. "It's better than sleeping in Dani's room. Mine is quite spacious. Hope ya like it," I smiled. "Thank you so much," Frankie said as she hugged me.

  I went outside with Frankie to hang out with the rest when Chief Burns received an emergency call. "Road work. Graham and Boulder?" Chief called. I was playing Cybertronian cards with Heatwave and Frankie. Frankie had the translated version that I made. "The rest, stay here for backup," Chief declared. "Heatwave, add two more cards," I said cheekily as I placed down my card. He groaned. "Ask Bumblebee how many times I pitied him so that he could win," I smirked. "I might have a better card than yours, Miku," Frankie said. Oh no. "Okay, okay. Don't kick me out of the game," I begged. "Relax, I'm just going to add a few more cards to your deck..." She said as she placed down an action card. "Frankie, darn you," I laughed.

  "Frankie?" Cody called out. "Oh, that's right. You guys are going to the museum?" I asked. "Yeap. Have fun guys!" Cody waved goodbye as Doc Greene picked them up. After they left, Graham contacted us. "Graham?" I called out. "We might need all servos on deck," Graham said.

  "We're on it. Rescue Bots, roll to the rescue!"

  "Waterpipe is dropping out water everywhere," Graham said as we arrived. I looked around for any form of recording. None. "Bots, you're free from being recorded," I declared as I got off. Heatwave transformed. "I need Chase and Heatwave to direct traffic. Blades, we need some blocks to block the water from reaching any further. Miku, you and Boulder fetch a few parts from the docks," Graham instructed. I could hear Heatwave complain quietly but I went on to Boulder.

  After picking up some parts, I find a huge mess in traffic. I had to drop the parts (hard, literally) and rush there to order around the traffic. Heatwave was not cooperating much. Something is wrong. The pipe was soon fixed. Traffic was back to normal. The rescue is finished.

  "Heatwave, why are you not directing traffic until Miku returned from the docks?" Chase asked as the platform lowered us down to the bunker. "Maybe next time I won't go on a rescue so you won't need to complain," Heatwave growled in anger. "What is wrong with him?" Blades asked. "I have no idea, but I'll try to find out," I said as I got off the platform. Cody was already back with Frankie from the museum. They were playing card games when I walked up to them. "Hey Cody, Frankie. I might need some help from you two," I said. "Finally something we can do," Cody said.

  "We need to find out what is happening to Heatwave. When I left the road with Boulder to pick up some parts, Heatwave went mad. He wasn't directing traffic, he wasn't moving a single gear," I told Cody and Frankie. "That only happened when you left?" Frankie asked. "Yeah, and I honestly can't figure out what problem is he having," I replied. "Remember the time when dad had to partner us up with random people? Remember how he was acting weirdly around his partner?" Cody asked. I thought for a moment and nearly fell on my back. "You are kidding me, Cody," I said. "It could be true," Frankie suggested. "Maybe I do still have to talk to him after all," I sighed. "You... like him?" Cody asked. "Best not to answer that," I said as I slowly regained my focus. "Thank you, guys. I owe you both," I said before leaving.

  Heatwave, as usual, is hitting at the wood again. I cautiously walked to him since he was expressing aggressive anger. Dealing with cranky bots aren't my thing. I took a deep breath. Here I go.

  "Heatwave?"

  He yelled one last time before turning to me. "What is it?"

  I transformed into my bot mode. "I understand there are times where you are forced to team with other bots or people you don't like. I know that feeling. Just, next time no matter who you partner with, remember that lives are at stake."

  "I get your point, Miku. I'm sorry. I didn't know what went through me earlier," Heatwave said with sincerity. I nodded with a smile.

  "You want me to maybe chill here with you?" I asked.

  "Sure, I don't mind the company as long as no one is spying on us," he said as he punches again.

  "Fyi, after all my warrior training back home, I noticed something about your... stances."

  He glared at me.

I shouldn't have said that.