Team Prime

A/N:
Progress check on my journey through RB Season 2: currently on episode 8.

Miku's POV
"That's Optimus's call alert," Heatwave declares one day.

We rushed to the communications centre to find my sire (father, for those who don't know) looking rather anxious but sad. "Something's up, I have a feeling," I told Heatwave before entering the communications centre.

"Greetings, Rescue Bots. Team Prime is currently needing one of you on the field," sire started.

"I'm in, Optimus. Anything to help the team," Heatwave quickly said.

"Thank you for your interest, Heatwave. However, the bot I am seeking for is a femme. To be exact, Miku."

What? Why?

"She currently harnesses the power to destroy our enemy, Unicron. I, as well, have the power, but if I sacrifice myself to exterminate Unicron, Earth will be doomed in Decepticon servos," sire added.

I hesitated for a moment, then stood up in confidence. "I'll do it."

It took a few arguments to let me go. Before entering the ground bridge Ratchet has set for me, Heatwave quickly embraced me. "Promise me you'll come back safely," he said firmly, trying hard to not leak his optics. I held both of his servos gently and kissed him. "I will. Don't worry about me," I said, smiling.

When I reached to the other end of the ground bridge, I saw many familiar faces: Bumblebee, sire, Ratchet, Bulkhead and Arcee. "Where's Cliffjumper?" I asked. "Isn't he supposed to be part of Team Prime too?" Everybot looked down. "Cliff was brutally murdered. Killed, under the Decepticons' servos," Arcee answered in anger. "Arcee, I'm sorry," I said, hugging her. "The ground bridge to Unicron is ready," Ratchet declared.

"Autobots, roll out!"

Heatwave's POV

I was pacing back and forth. What will happen to Miku? Why exactly did Optimus want her instead of me? What does Miku have that he needs so much?

"Heatwave!" Kade yelled. For the first time, I jumped from such a shock.

"Kade! Shut up," I snapped.

"We've got an emergency," he snapped back.

"I dare you to use that tone again!" I yelled.

"No more time for yelling. Heatwave, Miku will be alright in Optimus's servos," Chief tried to comfort me. "Let's move, team."

I wanted to object. Miku should be in our processors. Why aren't the others showing any worry? Kade glared at me hoping that I would get his idea. I growled and transformed.

"The bank was just robbed," Dani spoke in the com unit. "Are you sure? I don't find anything wrong in the cameras," Cody replied. "If there's nothing why are we even going there?" I whined. "First time to hear you whine, Heatwave. We are emergency responders, so obviously we would respond to an emergency right?" Kade snapped. He got a point.

"The caller said that the thieves took off in an armoured vehicle," Dani continued. "Why is Huxley following us?" Blades asked. "Ignore him. He's just trying to ask about that reality tv show he wants to do with us," Chief said, making a turn to the right. "A reality tv show? About us?" Blades asked cheerfully. "Blades, that's enough," I snapped. "What is wrong with you today, Heatwave?" Kade asked.

"I see an armoured vehicle coming from Lake Street!" Danielle exclaimed. Blades and I transformed to lift the vehicle up. Suddenly, the driver opened the door and took out a huge blade...