18 - Miku

Project Buddy System

  That's what they are calling the trekking camp. All bots, especially Blades, were busy all month preparing for the camp. Hey, don't say I was slacking off. I wasn't. Heatwave was the one keeping my aft on the couch or in my berth room.

  Now, where am I? On the couch, as usual, observing the camp organising process.

  "No! We need a singing session to get our singing patch!" Blades yelled.

  "We're doing that next time, not now," Heatwave argued.

  "Actually, I think after Session 2 there is a little time to slot in the singing session-"

  "YES!"

  "I haven't finished, Blades. We have only fifteen minutes of rest."

  "Cody, this singing session means a lot to me!"

  I stopped listening, instead focusing on a sci-fi novel in hand. Some pages were as dark as Megatron's spark which contains fact files about significant events, while most pages focus on the character's point of views.

"Miku!"

Oh boy.

"Wanna listen to our schedule?"

I slipped my bookmark and a postcard with a picture of dad holding a rifle into my novel before closing it. "Sure."

"On Day 1, we're going on a 3-hour hike! After that, we'll have a story time session at the beach with a campfire. Ooh! Did I mention that there will be prizes for..."

Blades's voice fades away as I rest my hand on my stomach area. It responds with a fragile, soft heartbeat. I smiled.

"Miku, are you listening?! I was about to get to Day 2!"

Primus, seriously?

"Give her a break, Blades. Her ears were about to fall off," Heatwave steps in. I could feel his glance. "Are you doing alright, Miku?"

I looked up. "I'm fine, idiot. Go finish up your things."

He nodded. Turning to Blades, he slaps his servo on Blades' shoulder plate and drags him off the living room. I let out a snicker.

  Chief Burns, Graham, Kade and Dani (I am very surprised that she could wake up in the morning for once) revised on the schedule the bots made (Blades did all of the scheduling). Heatwave sat beside them, listening in their discussion; Blades was busy humming Cody's phone ringtone; Boulder was painting the Burns family and Heatwave; Chase was revising his protocols (as usual).

Cody slides down from the pole, landing gently on the ground with his feet. "Morning guys!" he cheerfully greets. Everyone replies with the same greeting but with different nicknames for the little smart boy.

"Morning, squirt."
"Morning, Cody."
"Morning, smartie!"

As if on cue, the phone rang. "Emergency dispatch," I answered. "Snakes! Everywhere!" the caller yelled in the phone. "Loud and clear, sir. I'll send someone."

"Rescue Bots, roll to the rescue!"

I followed Cody to the command centre. Four screens with four different views of the town. "Snakes, everywhere. Including the bakery," Cody spoke into the mic. "Roger that, Cody," Chief replied.

Another call. "I'll be on phone duty. Cody, focus on the team's progress," I declared, picking up the phone.

"Heatwave and I are at the bakery. But the doors are locked."

"I can handle that!"

"Heatwave! Don't! The door is made out of glass, it could hurt people. Maybe use the key dad has?"

"Cody's right. Chase and I are en route."

"Dani, any emergencies spotted?"

"Yes. Boulder and Graham, head to Blossom Vale. There's a family in distress."

"Copy that, Dani. Boulder, let's go buddy."

  I got off the phone from the zoo. "Chief, I figured out the problem," I comm Chief. "The zoo is missing fifteen possibly venomous snakes. The power in the snake cages went haywire."

  "Noted. Graham are you done with your emergency?" Two respective screens show Chief's and Graham's perspectives. "Negative. Boulder is creating a trap," Graham responded. "Maybe Miku can get there," Cody suggested. "No, she is staying in the firehouse where it's safe," Heatwave stood firmly with his point. "I'm fine, snakes can't hurt me," I insisted. Heatwave groans in complaint. "Besides, Graham taught me the circuitry of the zoo," I added. "Fine, but be careful."

  Outside, the scene rushes past me as I sit in the taxi feeling relaxed. I know it's been just 3 months into this unexpected journey, but I could feel her kicking. Is it a natural mother instinct to feel kicking and being relaxed at the same time?

  "Here. This is the zoo," Cody declared. I ran off to the entrance. "Cody, make sure she doesn't run," Heatwave ordered in the comms. "About that," Cody's voice trailed off as I reached a zookeeper at the power generator. An enormous crowd gathered dangerously close to the generator. "This is an off-duty police officer speaking. Please evacuate the zoo immediately," I ordered, holding up my police badge (thank you Chief Burns!). Everyone scattered away as Cody walked to my side with his comm tab.

  "Is Miku alright?" I heard a voice yelling from behind. I turned around. Graham, Kade and Heatwave were running to my direction. "I'm fine, idiot," I replied, blowing a kiss to Heatwave. He immediately flinched and turned away, probably blushing.

After examining the generator, Graham began ordering around. "Cody, we need an extra part. I have sent the picture of it to you. Get back to the firehouse and get it." Cody activated his hoverboard without a word and whooshed off. "Miku, I need you to help me open the generator. Heatwave, make sure she doesn't fall." Heatwave gives Graham a glare. The self-conscious engineer adjusts his tie nervously, eyes filled with unexplained guilt. "Idiot, I'm okay. Just do your part and I'll do mine," I stepped in between them. Heatwave groans.

"Almost all snakes are caught. The King Cobra is missing," Chief reported. "Copy that, we'll keep an eye out for it," Dani responded over the comm. Cody had just returned from the firehouse with the part required. Heatwave kept watching my back (literally). Graham and I carefully studied the situation.

  "Miku look out!"

  I turned around, my Spark beating as hard as it could. I mean, whose one wouldn't when clearly a King Cobra is positioned to attack? It jumps at me. I scream. I feel its weight on my back as I fell face flat on the ground. "The generator is hit! Miku get out!" Graham yelled. I could feel its grip tightening around my waist. I screamed. The generator sparked, causing the cobra to retreat in fear.

  I feel the heat bursting my shoe...

To be continued

A/N:
Miku does have shoes, that's interesting.
As you can see, I'm experimenting with a new way of writing. (Thanks to reading the Aurora Cycle novel series)
My exams are coming soon so as usual, updates will be coming in slower.
Ima head out bai!