Overprotective Bumblebee

"Bee! What are you doing here?" I asked out loud still in Heatwave's vehicle mode. "You should be back at the firehouse, not here!"

  "Let's just say I was worried," Bumblebee beeped.

  "Ugh, Bumblebee, with all due respect, I asked you politely to not follow us," Heatwave groaned.

  "I can't be worried about my sister?" Bumblebee beeped.

  "She's older than you, Bee. After being in her human form for this long? You're just 18, and Miku is already 23. You don't need to worry about her," Heatwave reminded Bumblebee.

  "Relax, mechs. Bee, we will return tomorrow first thing in the morning," I explained. "Let's save this argument in the morning, we don't want anyone to wake up."

Bumblebee took my advice and left us alone. "Thanks, Miku," said Heatwave. I smiled at the monitor, in which his face is visible. I lay back down as he reversed. The longer I lay down, the hotter it gets. "Heatwave? Are you alright? The temperature is getting higher," I asked Heatwave. "Maybe my air conditioning isn't working properly," he muttered. "I thought you don't have air conditioning?" I asked. "Let me open the windows, it's quite comfortable outside with the cold breeze," he suggested. I nodded.

  I opened my eyes. We were back at the firehouse, but no other bots were on sight. I slowly climbed up, stretching my back. When I yawned, Heatwave's face appeared on the monitor. "Hey, Miku. We had to drive back to the firehouse since Bumblebee can't bear leaving his optics off of you for just one night," he snapped. I chuckled. "This reminded me much about the time when I was overprotective over him," I said. "You were?" Heatwave asked. "Pretty much. I thought it was my duty. My mother told me when I was a youngling that we should take care of each other no matter the cost," I replied, smiling. Those were good times.

  "Miku, get out," I heard Bumblebee beep angrily.

  "Okay okay, I'm up," I replied as I opened the door.

  Heatwave transforms as Bumblebee pushes me away from him. Oddly, no other Rescue Bots can be seen. "Are the others on a rescue mission?" I asked. Bumblebee nodded. "Why are you pushing me?" I asked again. This time, Bumblebee rolled his optics. "Tell me," I said sternly. "You do know a mech's desire when they are in a relationship with a fembot? Mother taught you all of that for a reason!" Bumblebee snapped. "Relax, brother. Don't be so fired up. Heatwave treated me fine," I calmed him. "His name is Heatwave for a reason," Bumblebee snapped. "Bee, what are you thinking?" I asked. "The point is, I don't want you to get hurt because of some mech," Bumblebee told me. "You're a mech yourself, Bee," I chuckled, "Jokes aside, I'm fine."

  The alarm blared. I ran to the command center to see Cody stationed there. "Oh hey," Cody greeted. "What's going on?" I asked. "The bots needed backup, thought that I should alert you and Heatwave," Cody replied, then with a smirk, added, "How was your night with Heatwave?" I smacked his chair hard. "I thought you never liked romance, Cody!" I said, blushing. "Cody, we need Heatwave and Miku now. We cannot evacuate everyone with this little help," Chief Burns called out. "We're on our way," I responded.

  I managed to make my human form look like a 23-year-old while driving Heatwave. I decided to borrow some of Kade's spare uniforms he kept inside the lockers. "Heats, let me drive. I know a technique," I told Heatwave. He immediately let me take control. With that, I changed shift, stepped on the gas pedal and sped. It was not far off the speed limit, but it was somewhat considered fast.

  We arrived at the location, just in time for me to finish tying my hair into a ponytail whilst driving. "Fire-bot, transform, and extinguish the fire," I commanded. Heatwave transformed and began shooting water at the fire. I ran inside to look for any people. Kade was doing the same.