Chapter 4: Midnight Memories N2 or "I Like It When You Sleep"

So, um... I was reading a Dramione fanfic - "Manacled", for the third time when suddenly, I remembered I had an update to do.  

For those who don't know "Manacled" is a freaking masterpiece, a MASTERPIECE, I'm telling you! I can't get enough of it, I wish it weren't a ff, so Sen Lin Yu could easily publish it and I could buy a copy, carry it around with me anywhere and read it over and over again until my dying breath! That's how much I love it, and I'm not half kidding.

Anyway, here is this week's update of "Midnight Memories", and now, it's time for me to go back to my favorite Dramione world.

See you soon (if I don't die in Draco's arms).

***

Chapter 4: Midnight Memories N2 or "I Like It When You Sleep"

When we get back home it's almost 4 in the morning, so as soon as I get inside my apartment, I lock the door and after 10 minutes I am in the shower, trying to get rid of the smell of Kai's cigarettes, that he's been smoking all night.

Urgh, how I hate the smell of it!

As I stand under the hot water, tonight's events keep running through my mind, making me really smile for the first time in a long while. In three hours I laughed more than I did in 3 years.

The ride back home was crazy too- Natalie kept singing and discussing her bedroom plans with Matt, making Kai and I turn the music up, so we could get rid of the mental pictures she was handing us without our consent.

After dropping Nat and Matt off, Kai and I headed back home.

Just when we were about to reach our block, Kai stopped the car in front of a drugstore and came back after a few minutes with a brown paper bag.

"Here," he dropped it in my lap and when I looked up at him puzzled, he explained before starting the car again.

"For your back. Just rub it on the bruise when you get home." As I stared at him surprised he added jokingly. "You can ask me for help with that... anytime."

That's one of the most considerate things anyone has ever done for me. I'm pretty sure I made heart-eyes at him even when I punched him for his joke.

When we were in the elevator, I started to automatically hum the tune of the last song we were listening to in Kai's car- "Simple and sweet" by Jon Bellion.

"You are soooo damn off-key," Kai mumbled, making me shrug.

"Says a guy that sounds like a choking pig when singing." I stuck my tongue out at him and he laughed, throwing his head back.

"You have a beautiful laugh," I blurted out dreamily, my voice a whisper, and immediately clasped my hand over my mouth, hoping he hadn't heard it. But he did. I felt his eyes on me for a second too long, though he didn't say anything.

'What the fudge, Selena? Get a grip!' I told myself mentally.

Urgh!

I blamed the alcohol, it made me tipsy.

And now I am currently dressed in my pajamas- a pair of short shorts and a Sponge Bob t-shirt- and finally under my blankets, when I hear the sound of my phone, telling me I have a missed call. I check it to find out that the call was from an unknown number. I decide not to call them back because maybe they've got the wrong number or something, I mean it's past 4 am.

So instead I type a quick message for my Dad to see in the morning and am about to put my phone away when I see a text I have sent to the same unknown number I had a call from almost half an hour ago.