Chapter 9: You Will Stop Me

Please don't forget to vote and comment for your favorite parts, it will really make me keep posting new chapters more enthusiastically. Also, also, ALSO if you love the story please tell a friend about it,  or give it a shoutout on your social media! M u c h   L o v e. ^_^

***

Chapter 9: You Will Stop Me 

The media department of the "P&D" company is on the 8th floor of an impressive building, which in whole is their entire office.

As I enter their company on my first day, I go straight up to the receptionist on the first floor and tell her why I am here. The tall brunette asks to check my ID before she hands me a badge and a pass. Afterward, she asks Susan from the HR team to lead me to the 4th floor first and meet a Mrs. Jane, who apparently is dealing with all new employees.

When we enter the elevator with almost 10 other people, I notice that there are 12 buttons, and one with a rooftop sign.

When we reach the floor, Susan leads me to a door, on which I read J.Krawintski, HR Team Lead, and then disappears. After watching Susan leave, I take some deep breaths and finally knock.

I don't know why I am suddenly so nervous now. In the morning, when I was having breakfast with Kai, I was fine. He encouraged me, telling me I have nothing to worry about, but right now I'm a little anxious.

"Come in," calls a female voice from the inside, so I obey.

As I open the door, I see a short-haired woman leaning back in a chair behind her desk, eyes already on me. I greet her, getting inside and gently closing the door behind me.

"Hello. Mrs. Krawintski?"

"Yes," she says smiling. "Come, sit," she gestures to the chair in front of her with her bony fingers. I do as I am told.

"I am Selena Young. I have been transferred to the main office from the Indiana one."

"Wonderful. How are you doing, lovely?" She asks, her voice all kind and friendly.

"I'm good, thank you. How are you?" I ask and she ignores my question, getting straight to the business.

"So, Selena, like Austin, the producer of the new radio show we are starting, has already discussed it with you on the phone, your job is to write scripts reviewing different musical things, that you think will interest the masses. But sometimes you'll also read the scripts Austin will write for you." I nod and she goes on. "You choose whatever topic you want, but discuss it with him beforehand."

"Great."

"Now since your show is only on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, you can even write from home the rest of the week and email it to Austin to approve. So, it's up to you whether you'll want to come the other days or not. But for the meetings that the bosses or Austin arranges, your presence is a must."

"Of course. I understand."

"And as for our office, it's huge, but you will meet the rest of the staff with time. I'll also make sure Austin makes a tour for you around the office so you know what is where. Oh, and you do know the CEOs, right?"

"Uh, yeah, I've kind of heard about Mr. Peterson."

"Yes, he is the creative director. You will meet the financial director too if you are lucky." When I give her a questioning look, she continues. "He only shows up whenever he feels like it. Anyways, do you have any questions concerning your salary?"

"No, I don't think I do. Everything was clear in the contract you sent me beforehand."

"Then that will be it. Now you can go up to the 8th floor, the studio, where you will work from now on. Austin will be there to meet you."