Chapter 8: Never Stop Seeing Me

"Everybody's looking for a love 

To start a riot 

But every time I look in your eyes

 The world gets quiet..."

~Before You Exit "Silence" 

***

Chapter 8: Never Stop Seeing Me 

Never before have I wanted to work this much. No, it's not a want; it's an urge, a NEED! I NEED to work and that's probably why I am all happy jumpy two days before my first working week starts.

That's why today I get ready in a recorded time and decide to go out and spend my time shopping for new clothes.

Throughout the whole time I'm at that mall, I can't get Kai out of my head. I've not seen him for almost 38 hours, but hey, who's counting? Me, that's who.

He's under my skin, running through my bloodstream. I wonder if he is okay after that night on the road. Is it okay for me to check on him?

I want to see him so bad. Call it an infatuation, obsession even, if you will, but I just can't seem to stop thinking about him.

I see a blue shirt, I think of his eyes, I see "The 1975's" CDs I think of his gift, I see sunglasses and remember us watching the sunrise. I live in a world full of Kai-related stuff and it's already messing with my head, driving me completely insane.

That night on the road, we were connected on some other, more personal and intimate level, and I wonder, will it feel weird when we come face to face?

I shrug it all off, the need to know how he is doing, putting above my fear and insecurities, and send him a text.

Me: Hey, how are you doing? Got some sleep?

His answer is almost immediate.

The Psycho: how did you know I was thinking about you? are you psychic?

Me: Tell me, is being stupid your hobby, or are you just naturally gifted?

The Psycho: is that a trick question?

Me: You know what? Forget it. Have a nice day.

I roll my eyes, trying to stick my phone back into my pocket and go back to my shopping when I receive another message.

The Psycho: i'm okay. do you care?

I run my fingers over the keyboard, thinking what to answer. Now, THIS is a trick question. I decide to not let his ego reach the clouds and type back.

Me: You are getting the wrong impression.

The Psycho: that's what i needed to hear. see you tonight?

Tonight? I might have jumped in the middle of the Victoria's Secret store because guess what? Another midnight wandering is on its way.

Me: Sure!

The sun is gradually setting down, giving way to darkness and street lights when I make my way out of the mall. Unexpectedly, it starts pouring and before I can catch a cab, I'm completely soaked, the raindrops dripping from my hair.

Once in front of my door, I notice a small package on my doormat. Grabbing the package, I enter, closing the door with my foot.

Dropping the bags in the living room I go straight to the bathroom and 30 minutes later, after taking a hot shower and dressing into a pair of black CK boxers and a loose white t-shirt, I am examining the package while sitting on the living room floor.