Chapter 31: Far Away From You

Well, well... Did I promise you a new chapter every week (Kai vibes hahaha)? YES!
Am I keeping my promise?
Of-freaking-course!
So here you go, the first chapter of "#MidnightMemories PART 2" is HERE AND I HOPE YOU LIKE IT, I REALLY DO! PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK! AND PLEASE VOTE FOR THE CHAPTER IF YOU LIKE IT!

WHY AM I SCREAMING! I GUESS I'M THAT EXCITED! OKAY, LET'S GO!

***

Chapter 31: Far Away From You

It's a never-ending circle of remembering, missing, regretting, blaming, remembering, missing, regretting, blaming, remembering...

But there is always the loving and the aching for him, even though I know his lies now.

Come to think of it, he's always been a liar. He's been keeping secrets from me since day one- about his job, his family, even his taste in muffins.

It's always been so easy for him to deceive me. And I let him do it to me...

"It was his fault! He said it'd be a good idea for a first date!"

"Yes, but you were the one who wanted to try the indoor bouldering!"

"You should have freaking stopped me!"

"No one can stop you when you put your mind into something, Jesus!"

I snap out of my head as the two teenagers keep arguing in front of me.

Roman and Willow are members of the New York-based "You Are The Sun" youth organization I'm volunteering at, these days.

It's the same center of troubled teenagers I had my eyes on when I was still in Chicago.

I've decided not to apply for any job just yet and use the money Dad puts on my account constantly for the time being. I will pay him back when I start making money after a while.

For now, I just want to do what I like, and let my mind and heart take a rest.

All I want to do is live in the small flat I've rented, order Chinese food, and watch SNL or movies until I go back to Indiana for Christmas.

After the holidays, I will probably sell my apartment in Chicago, come back here and try to find another place to stay, maybe with a roommate, so the rent is not so crazy and the apartment is more comfortable.

Because let's face it, finding an apartment to rent for only a month, in such a short time is not that easy. Which is what I was trying to do for the first two days here while staying at a hotel.

On my flight to New York, I emailed Austin, telling him I am quitting my job for personal matters. He tried calling, to probably ask for some details, but I didn't even have the energy to pick up. I didn't want to talk to anyone, and I was even willing to pay the fine for quitting without a heads-up.

Luckily, I didn't have to do that. After four unanswered calls, Austin finally gave up and emailed me a resignation form, which I gladly filled in and sent back.

I also asked Rob to collect my stuff at the office and keep it at his place for a while. I could feel that he wanted to ask more questions, but he didn't, instead, he told me he'd listen, once I was ready.

But will I ever be? I am not sure I can ever be brave enough to go back home.

Home... Chicago...

It lingers in my heart for a minute as a familiar face invades my mind, but I brush it off just as fast.

Moving on!