Chapter 33: You Can Either Sail or Sink

Hi you! I'm sticking to this one week=one chapter thing, and I'm hoping you're still a part of this journey 💜

Anyway, this is one of my most favorite chapters in Part 2. Why? You'll understand later, in like 2-3 chapters, I think... Besides, I just LOVE it when the whole gang is together. ^_^

*Although I'm pretty sure Danika and Benedict are determined to kill me in my sleep one of these days but come on, guys, you have your own freaking book! Urgh!*

Btw you can check out Ben's and Nika's story as well, #NeverSayGoodbye , if you want to know more about their romance, see Kai in college and before finding Selena, and, ofc, if you want to help me survive Nika's smart mouth complaining inside my head about not giving her and Ben enough "screen time". Seriously, Nika, STOP!*

Ooh, oh, also if you want to get some #Kailena visuals, check out the video attached to this chapter ^_^

***

Chapter 33: You Can Either Sail or Sink

"I was scared actually," Kai admits, as we walk around the cold and dark streets after the concert.

Talking about which, we danced, sang along like crazy, and kissed like hormonal teens. We just can't seem to keep our hands off of each other, now more than ever.

We have a lot to talk about, but we couldn't do that right there in the middle of a brilliant concert, not when it was our favorite band playing. So we just enjoyed it... as much as we could concentrate. Because I was nearly passing out from happiness every time Kai touched me- intentionally or not.

When the concert was over, he pulled me out of the arena, his arms around me and I can't lie- it's the best place in the whole endless universe. Even if there are other planets full of magical creatures straight out of fairytales, I'd still want to live in his arms.

"Of what?" I ask him, as he wraps an arm around my shoulder now, pressing me to his side while mine is around his middle.

"I was scared you'd not come for me. I swear, I was fucking shaking when I was saying all that shit." His admission both melts and destroys my heart.

"Would you forgive me if I didn't come for you?"

"Actually, I was going to give it a few days at most and then come beg you again. Sure, it would have been embarrassing as fuck, but I feel like when it comes to you, I have no pride."

It shouldn't be like this. I want to make him invincible, not weak, just like he's doing to me.

"I'm sorry, I'm making you feel that way. I don't ever want you to go against your pride for me, Kai."

"Come on, Moonlight. What pride? Crash it, break it into pieces, I will still crawl back to your feet."

"Kai..." I mumble. "I love you. You're like all my favorite lyrics, all my lazy Saturdays and breathtaking views combined, and more."

He stops walking and so do I. Looking into my eyes, he bends down to my level and brushes his nose against mine so slowly, so magically.

After a kiss, we start walking again, laughing and talking loudly, as if we are the only people in the world. He tells me he's lost his phone somewhere and didn't have time to get a new one, so that's why he has been out of reach the whole week.