Chapter 1

Authors Note:

Hey everyone. It's been a while but life took a lot of unexpected and heartbreaking turns, but I'm back. At the moment I'm writing exams but I will update. And I will also continue my other story. Anyways stay safe and stay strong.

David

"Now boys, remember to be careful" father says to me and Ben. We both nod in unison, I see pride in my fathers icy blue eyes, that are just like mine. "David my boy, I am so proud that tonight is the night you get your 21st birthday gift, now remember either Tom, Ben or I need to do the bulk of breaking her, you need to enforce it but also be her comforter."

I puff out my chest with lots of pride. I turned 21 a month ago and since then have been planning this night very carefully and thoroughly. By watching her, following her and listening in on her plans when she's at the mall or a restaurant, I was there listening to her. From planning her 18th birthday to how her boyfriend broke up with her, I was there.

"Thank you father. I am so thankful to have my turn." Benjamin or as we just call him Ben mostly, he had his turn 5 years ago and he chose Annie, she settled within a few months of her being here and stopped fighting us and accepted us as her family. Now she is a few weeks pregnant with their first child.

My younger brother, Thomas (Tom), hes only 18... so he isn't very pleased with the fact that he has to wait another 3 years for him to get his partner. But me, tonight is my night, my heart races at the fact that my partner will be in this house with me soon, even though I know its gonna take a while but she is my partner. I still remember the first time I saw her.

*****

It was a warm day and I was at the shop, not that we needed anything actually... I was shopping for my girl.

I nonchalantly strolled up and down the aisles pushing the trolley adding some razors, soap and a few other minor items to not draw any suspicion. There were a few girls looking my way and whispering and giggling, and as I walked by I caught a whiff of some floral scent.

But they didn't grab my attention, I was losing my hope as I went down the stationary aisle, nobody here is 'her' and my heart sank at the possibility I might not find her today. Going down the aisle I barely noticed she was walking to the same spot as me, which was where the pencils were. I needed to grab a few for the woodwork and maintenance at the house.

I reached out to grab the last pack when her hand grazed mine, I felt an electric bolt run through me, it was then that I knew she was my girl. I looked up at her and her eyes were wide, those beautiful green eyes that reminded me of green grass. I was at a loss for words and I stuttered. She blushed and my heart thumped against my chest.

I tried to give her the pack as it was the last pack but in my attempt to give it to her, I stumbled over my trolley and almost lost my footing. Almost. I caught myself but she too backed up into her trolley but she wasnt as quick to catch herself. Instinctively I reached out for her and grabbed her arm keeping her up. The feeling of holding her arm just emphasized the fact that she was mine.

Once she got herself up she quickly apologized and practically ran with her trolley to the checkouts. I straightened myself out and followed her but went to a different checkout. I finished paying before her so I took my time walking to my car. As I passed through the doors, I heard her voice for the first time and it was like music to my ears.