Chapter 17

Sorry this chapter is late, but currently, my grandma's cancer has returned and my sister is going through a sudden and ugly divorce.
My semester has begun and I had troubles with registration and a whole but of other personal issues.
There might be shorter chapters to follow because of a few reasons... tehehe. And also so I don't take forever and a day to publish it.
Anyways enjoy.

David

I run with my unconscious woman in my arms. My arms are aching but I need to get her inside, I look down at her. Shes covered in blood, vomits and who knows what else. I squeeze my eyes to force my tears back to where they came from.

I run across the rough terrain. "Come on Molly... stay with me... stay with me please..." I beg her as I get closer to the house. "Dammit! Stay with me!" I shout but she doesn't respond.

For a moment I think she's dead. I stop running and stare at her chest. My heart stops for a few moments but I let out a sigh of relief when I see it rising and falling.

I pick her up again and I begin to jog once again, when I see the light coming from the house, my heart starts beating faster. I run faster and I focus all my energy on getting to the house.

I'm breathing hard but I push on. I can not let my woman nor my child die in my arms. I run faster towards the house but still am careful with my footing, so I don't fall.

I get to the porch and I practically run through the door so violently it almost comes off its hinges. I take a deep breath. "MOTHER!" I scream with all my strength.

I walk to the table, which has been cleared now, I place her down on the table and I hear footsteps behind me. I turn and see mother and father there. I take a step aside and the both gasp, but mother gasps at Molly and father gasps at me...

"What have you done son?" I look down at myself and see I'm covered in a combination of blood, flesh and bone fragments.

"Look at what he did to her!" I shout at him. How dare he take Tom's side when he saw what he did to him. Father looks away and I see a rare emotion on his face. Guilt. "Mother?" I say gently and she moves to examine her. "She's not responding to me." I say softer.

"She's unconscious... her body has started to go into shock." She opens her eyelids and looks into them. "Go fetch towels, warm water, my sewing kit, soap and bandages." I nod my head and go to get the things she needs.

I go upstairs and into father's room and into my mother's cupboard, I grab the sewing kit and the bandages.

I move to the supply closet and find one of the soaps that help kill the germs and a towel, I go back down and into the kitchen. I grab a bowl and fill it with warm water.

I return to my mother and place the things on the seat next to where mother  is sitting. I sit down on the chair opposite her and grab Molly's hand. "How bad is it mom?" She looks at me with big eyes. It's the first time I've called her mom in years.

"Um... she has some deep cuts on her shoulders as well as her hips... a shallow wound extending from her cheek down to her... nether region... I think you got there just in time, because if he made that wound on her belly and deeper she would've lost the baby." My ears perk up.