Chapter 8

Caution: very mature content in this chapter.
Thank you for the votes and reads I appreciate every single one. Anyways enjoy and leave a comment letting me know what you think.

David

"After... so they can hear... I guess..." she says it so calmly it's actually disturbing for me to hear.

"Dinner!" I hear mother call. I give her one last smile as I leave the room. I walk downstairs and into the dining room. I take the seat next to father like I always do and of course Tom sits one chair away from me. Ben on the other side, we wait as mother and Annie serve us the dinner. Chicken, rice, potatoes and pumpkin.

They take their rightful seats and father looks at me. "Is it done?" I shake my head.

"Not yet father. I want to take my time with her." He nods his head and my heart slows down a bit.

"Let's eat." We begin to eat and chat about how things are going in the fields and with the livestock. "David." I look to him at the mention of my name. He wipes his mouth before continuing. "Will Molly be capable of taking over some on Annie's duties? She is struggling seeing as she's almost due..." I chew my food in my mouth and swallow before answering.

"Yes ofcourse father. What is she to do?" I ask and take a sip of water.

"Annie?" The girl looks up to him "what would help you the most? What should we give to Molly?" She gulps before answering in a small voice.

"The washing of laundry and cleaning of the rooms father." Once you've accepted us as your family, you have to refer to Norman and Mary as Father and Mother.

"Done, now you may rest more as we wait for the little man to arrive..." Annie says a thank you and continues to eat. "Benjamin, how far are you with building the crib?" Ben looks up from his food and groans.

"Father... I am not good with woodwork... I am struggling. I am much better in the fields or the slaughtering of livestock." Well he is terrible at woodwork the last crib he tried to make, fell apart when we placed a small pumpkin in it.

"Thomas, you are a better wood worker than your brother here." He glares at Ben "help him with the building of the crib."

"But father... we all know that Davi-"

"Yes David is the best of you three but he has business to attend to." Father states as a fact.

"But father, I too have-"

"Thomas... you don't have a partner yet! And if you would like to have chance at Penny, then stop acting like a kid and man up!" Tom shuts his mouth and I try very hard to suppress the laugh that desperately wants to escape me.

Once dinner is finished, mother takes the plates and Annie struggled to get up and take the glasses. She's far along in her pregnancy now, it won't be long until there's a new addition to our family. I stand but father places a hand on my shoulder, so I sit back down.

Tom and Ben quickly leave once they see father wants a word with me. "David..." I hear the sternness in his voice and I cringe internally. "You need to mark her good..." I nod my head. "No I know how are when it comes to being aggressive..." my face must be a shade lighter. "I expect a baby on the way David... and soon. Annie had fertility troubles, but... I'm quite sure Molly is able to provide you with a son much quicker than her..."