Chapter 14

Hey everyone. I'm going to try and post like usual but at this moment, it seems as though my grandma's cancer has returned... this time it's in her spine. So I hope I can still write as passionately as I have been through this tough time with my family. Stay safe everyone.
Enjoy

Molly

I stare in horror as I see her. She looks terrible. Her hair is matted, her eyes big and red, bags under her eyes, lips are chapped and cracked. David says something but I don't hear him. I only see my sister. My baby sister who I promised to protect. The girl I waited for as a sister.

Memories flash infront of me and I immerse myself in them.

It was close to Christmas the one year, she was a toddler and I had bought, well chosen, my very first gift for her. A bunny teddy. She slept with it for years and I will never forget the glimmer in her eyes and the hugs I got for it. Until the day we were taken, she still had it. She still slept with it.

Our girl nights were amazing, watching movies or gushing over boys. Josh would often try to bug us but we would always chase him away. Or we would cuddle in my bed and eat chocolate or ice cream when either of us were just feeling down.

The laughs we shared, the tears, the memories and the sister bond we shared. I used to sneak her out with me to a few of the parties that I went to and I'd always take the blame from our parents. I would cover for her if she needed me and she would do the same for me.

David brings me back to earth by shaking me slightly. I blink and focus on what is before me. I gather all my courage to plead for a quick death. "Father... please may it be a quick death..." I whisper out using the name father to try and sweeten him up a bit.

Father looks at me skeptically and nods his head. "Fine. But only because you are carrying my second grandson." Penny's eyes go wide and I drop my gaze from hers. "Ben go get the hunting rifle." A sob escapes me and I hear her scream into the gag, I don't dare to look up.

"Father. Does she need to watch? Please this may put stress on the baby..." David says slowly and cautiously, I make a mental note to thank him for it.

"No it is fine. Say goodbye and head to your room." He says so coldly that I barely find the strength to walk to her. I drop to the ground next to her with a heavy thud.

I pull her into my arms and I let my emotions overtake me. "I-I'm s-so s-sorry..." I mumble over and over to her. I lose myself. I clutch her to me and I cry hard. Someone says something but I don't hear them, I'm concentrated on my little sister in my arms. My little sister who is not going to be alive for much longer.

Arms wrap around me and try to pull me away from her. I grip her clothes even more to keep myself close to her. "Nooo!" I scream as I feel another pair of hands on my own hands begin to force my grip on her to loosen. I'm literally pried off of her and as soon as I lose her. I begin fighting to get back to her. But the arms are strong and pull me away no matter how hard I fought. I scream as I see her body become a distant dark blob. "I-I l..love y-you." I finally choke out.

I'm dragged up the stairs and by the time we reach the room. My struggles stop and I lose my touch with life around me.

I'm placed on the bed and I curl into a ball. Time passes and I go quiet. I really don't want her to die. That's the only thing going through my mind. I feel a presence close to me but I'm numb and the world around me darkens.