Chapter 21

Molly

After that night, the night David told me that we would be forced to kill our daughter, I went into a dark and scary hole.

It's been two months since then. David and I have spoken in depth about how we will travel with a baby and how we will get away. I'm quite very pregnant now. The bump is now not a bump, it's a full out belly.

I stare at the little one in front of me, little Joseph is roughly somewhere around 7 months old. Seeing as he was born when I fell pregnant that's how I keep track of my pregnancy.

He looks at me and babbles something to me as I try give him some baby food. I talk to him in a high pitched voice to encourage him to eat. "There we go..." I lift the spoon up and hum "here comes the airplane." He giggles and I get the food in his mouth. Success.

I smile victoriously at getting the food into the baby's mouth, but it's short lived when he pulls his face in disgust and spits it back out. All over my face. My smile drops and I wipe my face to get the baby food off of my face.

A deep chuckle from behind makes me turn my attention to the man leaning against the kitchen counter. "It's not funny!" I whine to him but that just makes him laugh even more. "Watch. When our baby is old enough, you will be the one who is behind the spoon." I glare at him before I push away from the baby high chair that David made for this little one.

I stand up slowly with a groan and stretch the kinks in my back as I get my balance. "Are you sure you are okay enough to go to the market?" He asks me and I instantly am irritated by his words.

"I agreed to go, didn't I?" I snap at him and he bites his lip while dropping his head.

"Well... we should get going then love..." he says like I'm a vicious animal. I nod and head to our room. Halfway up the stairs, I stop and catch my breath. "You okay?" David hooks his arm in mine and helps me up the final steps.

"Yeah..." I take a deep breath. "Just... out of... breath..." I huff out. We get to our room and I go to the cupboard, I grab a pair of boots that were given to me for the winter that is in the beginning stages of settling in.

I sit on the bed and hold the boots to David. He stops putting his own boots on and rushes to me. He drops to his knees and puts my boots on for me, as I can't reach beyond my tummy.

"Thank you." I say as he ties the laces for me.

"Only a pleasure my love." He says and goes on to finish dressing himself.

Finally once we are dressed we head out. We say a quick goodbye as we leave and I see the death stare Ben gives David, but David ignores him flat.

He goes and fetches the horse, who I absolutely adore, he helps me up and I grab onto the saddle. With a huff from me and a grunt from David, I am on. "Damn babe... that baby... man... is gonna be a big one." He says out of breath.

I giggle and try to get comfortable. The thick jeans are very stiff and difficult to move in. But they keep me warm. I have a thick coat on but I have a thinner sweater underneath for when the day warms up.

David straps the cage carrying one rooster and one hen, to the back of the horse. He carries the basket that has some of our excess produce such as: spinach, corn, tomatoes and some eggs. We are hoping to get some baby clothes from a merchant by the market and maybe a blanket.