Chapter 20

Molly

When I eventually wake up. I try to move and immediately wince. I groan from the pain spreading throughout my body.

Suddenly the memories of what happened hit me like a train. I fly up and expect to see Tom standing over me holding my dead baby in his hands. I ignore the unbearable pain and get ready to make a run for my life.

But when my eyes open and adjust to the light, I see I'm in our room. I look to my shoulders and see they are stitched. I frown in confusion. 'When the hell did this happen? How long have I been out for?' I lift the blanket and see the same has happened to my hip slashes as well as the slit on my stomach.

The things that happened to me flood my mind, I remember his eyes. Him grinning at me while I was in pain. How close I came to losing my life and baby. Before I know it I'm balling my eyes out.

I cry for myself. I cry for my baby. I cry for David. I cry for a future I almost didn't have.

My crying must've caught someone's attention because the door opens, the first thing that comes to my mind is that Tom is here to finish the job.

I shriek and force myself to fly out of the bed. I scramble out of the bed and I feel the immense pain screaming at me but I ignore it. I get tangled in the blanket and I fall face first onto the ground. I scream out again and the only escape route I can think of is going under the bed.

I quickly begin to crawl under the bed, but a hand grabs my ankle before I slip into the only safety I can see and find.

I panic and feel the terror invade my body and mind. Flashes of images cross my eyes, of Tom raping me again, him slicing me open, him opening me up and wrenching my child out of me.

I flail my arms and legs as I continue screaming. I'm being dragged out from under the bed and I feel like I'm being dragged away from my one and only lifeline. "P-please!" I screech out and intensify my efforts to get away. But my energy dissipates quickly and the adrenaline evaporates from my veins.

I stop fighting and default to begging. "N-no more! P-please!" I sputter out. I'm pulled out completely and I keep my head against the floor awaiting the inevitable.

"Molly, you're okay. It's okay." I hear a woman's voice. I slowly turn over and find Mary looking at me with a face filled with hurt and regret, maybe even guilt and deep sadness?

I look quickly around the room searching for the monster himself but I don't find anything. I relax a bit and my emotions flow out of me like a river. Mother moves closer and grabs my arm gently, I jerk it away as the last time my arm was touched, it was chained to a wall.

Her eyes hold so much hurt that I immediately regret for subconsciously flinching away. "W-where..." I choke out but I'm unable to finish my sentence.

She looks so confused and tries to answer me. "David is-"

"N-no..." I choke out again. Now she understands who I'm talking about.

She sighs and shifts her gaze away from me. "He... he's dead..." my breath catches and I don't know how to react. Should I be happy? That feels like it would be wrong. Should I feel something? I don't know.