Part 7~flashback~

"Hello?" You call as you walk into the house. "Jake? We have pizza!" You and Luke stood there still in the mud room waiting to hear him running up the stairs. You slowly walked into the kitchen Luke following behind you. There he was, sitting there against the kitchen counter. Motionless. Blood. Knife. You panicked "LUKE CALL 0-0-0 NOW!!" You screamed as you fell to the floor next to your brother. "No, no, no JAKE! WAKE UP!!! Please!" You say pulling him closer to you. Luke hung up his phone and came and sat down next to you. 

"It will be okay," he said stroking your hair. Tears streamed down your face. Within 5 minutes the ambulance had arrived. Once you and Luke were at the hospital the police started asking you and Luke questions trying to figure out what happened. You told them all you knew. You told them you had just gotten home from tutoring and you had stopped to pick up pizza and when you got home you found Jake. Liz Hemmings came to the hospital and asked if you wanted or needed a ride home, "No Liz I'm gonna spend the night here, thanks anyway though." The rest of the night is a blur you know that Liz had picked up the rest of your siblings from their friends' houses and she had taken them to her house to spend the night. You and Luke had stayed at the hospital. Jake was Luke's best friend. Jake was your twin and had always been closer to Luke than you. These past couple months you had noticed Jake starting to change. You had tried to be there for him, but he had iced you out. Now, you were here. 

"I'm truly sorry, Ms. y/l/n, we tried our hardest but Jake didn't make it, we tried calling your mom but she didn't answer, is there someone else we can call? Your dad maybe?" You weren't sure how to feel. You were happy because he was out of hell, that he wouldn't have to worry about your 3 younger siblings. But, at the same time, you wanted him to be there with you. 

"No, my dad has been out of the picture for a long time." 

You don't remember the rest of the night. Just that your mom had been drunk and passed out upstairs, that's why she didn't hear Jake fall to the floor or you yelling or the ambulance.