true colours (8)

batool didn't dare move. she allowed herself to rest onto him meekly.

"hey... if you promise you'll be good from now on I'll grant you one wish" he said softly as he gently cupped her face with his hands.

batool stared at him sadly for a few seconds before lowering her eyes. "no you won't..." she spoke gingerly trying to free herself from him

you can never love me... you've told me soo many times

her reply made sense. zayd thought... if she asked him to divorce her, he would definitely not do so.

"go get ready... we're going down together" he said

batool gave a tired nod and left. zayd sighed and began getting dressed.

the sky outside was almost as dark as night. Thunder clapped loudly and lighting stroke a few times before the rains started falling

tip tap tip tap tip tap...

almost matching the rhythm of batools heart. the dining hall was empty except for the two of them.

she stared at the plate set infront of her. it was absolutely full

they were sitting next to each other so she felt uneasy batool wasn't sure if that was the case but for whatever reason she had lost all her appetite. which was not anything new since their marriage.

"don't you like any of the dishes? i can get the cook to prepare you anything. you name it" zayd said as he stood up.

batool shook her head lightly and quickly picked up her spoon. she shoved a huge piece of whatever it was closest to her into her mouth and started chewing.

zayd flinched a little probably from the numb pain in his heart.

everytime things start getting a little bit better between them another ruins it.

he smiled weakly to himself and sat back down. the truth was he had also lost his appetite

COUGH! COUGH! COUGH!

batool had tried to swallow her food but chocked on it instead.

"here..." zayd said worriedly rubbing her back "have a drink" he added putting the glass infront of her lips.

batool took two quick gulps after she recovered she felt abashed so she still pretended to cough and turn her face away.

zayd panicked and swoop her off her legs. he proceeded towards the entrance of the dining hall with large strides

"AENA. GET HER COAT" he yelled and the maid came crushing with a cozy looking woolen coat "madam I'll put it on for you"

"give it here" zayd said and took the coat from aena. he carefully draped it over batools body.

"waaahh I'm finee" she screamed wrapping her arms around his neck.

he halted for a split second before advancing foward once again.

"it was only a cough!" she tried to explain