Chapter 14: I kinda forgot?

Chapter 14
*******

Two men were armwrestling on the floor.

The muscleheads. The phrase kept coming back to her.

They didn't seem bothered by the dirtiness of the floor, nor the fact that it was a hallway for people to walk past, and they laid on their stomachs, veins popping and faces red.

The muscleheads.

But she couldn't deny her curiousity about who was going to win, and so despite her dizziness, she kept watching the two idiots that were supposed to be guarding her.

**************

Balthazar woke up.

Beside him, he could see the boys playing Black Jack, Sam's face getting visibly disgusted.

"You're crap."

His voice was husky, and there was an unexpected pain in his throat that caught him by surprise. Clutching his throat, he had no hands left to defend himself from rabid pack of wolves manhandling him with tears and howls.

"I thought you were dead!"

"You weren't answering, I thought-"

"Do you know how worried you made me? How da-"

"Everyone, shut up." Despite her calm tone, her undeniable authority filled the room and everyone was silenced, although there could be a few sniffles and pulling out of tissues. "B, how are you?" Despite her weakly stature, her gentle and quiet murmer made him feel safe - comfortable even.

"I'm all good... Just a few aches here and there," he reassured her, and especially the boys, hoarsely.

"As if," she scoffed and lightly smacked the back of his head. "Stabbed in the chest, thank God that knife was short and flimsy, if not you would've died. Not only that, but bruises everywhere, loss of blood," she sighed, shaking her head, " I had a hard time dealing with Yas, you have no idea how much she was crying as she treated you."

He rubbed his head sheepishly, making a mental note to apologise to her. A tug on his arm made him realise he was tied with injections. He was in hospital.

"You're stable now, but you've been sleeping for around 3 days so you should take it easy." She smiled, and then turned around to the rest of the boys. " You guys should keep it quiet, there's too many complaints."

She pursed her lips and ran her hands through her hair. "I have to go explain all this to him, so I won't be in contact for around a week. I put Declan in charge - watch over Bal, okay?"

Declan saluted and grinned goofily at Balthazar, who felt a sense of apprehension.

After she left, Balthazar was, once again, bombarded with concern and a bunch of cooing, as they pampered him and fed him chocolates.

"Don't you think she's too reliable in these situations?" George munched on an apple, taken from a get well basket from Yasmine.

"She hasn't been through this just once, you know," Balthazar snatched the apple back, "She's been the centre since I joined, so it's probably too common... Although it's hard to believe her temper when she's at home."

The rest of them nodded in agreement.

"By the way, what happened to Fanta?" Sam enquired, randomly piping in.

Ross and Declan stared at him in disbelief.

"It's been three day!" They exclaimed, "Why are you asking now?!"

He shrugged, "It was chaotic because of Romeo's servant over here -" Balthazar smacked him "- So I kind of forgot?"

Ross rolled his eyes, "She's with us for now, seeing as Our Highness wanted to keep her safe from whatever she was going through before, she's at home, still recovering. Yasmine's been going through a lot this week."

Nodding, Sam went back to losing his card games, but it was obvious she was on his mind.