Chapter 19: Ross, The Fool

Chapter 19
************

The leader went off again, when Fanta asked where she went, they shrugged and said they would be beat up if they asked.

Aside from the missing girl, everything seemed fine. She was getting close to everyone, especially Daisuke and Sam, and she could feel the heart-felt care for her. She felt at home.

She was baking cookies. Struggling to use Daisuke's phone she borrowed, she took 10 minutes to find the browser to search for a recipe.

By the time she learnt how to function the machine, half an hour had passed. Another hour passed as she tried to search for the ingredients in the mess filled kitchen. Being useless at cleaning was never an advantage. Sighing, she trudged over to the room of boys.

"Where's the sugar?" She eyed the game they were playing - Giant Jenga. It was wonderful to see how hopeless they were at playing. The only people who seemed to find it easy were George, Balthazar and Declan, who roared with laughter as all the bricks fell on Sam and Ross.

Daisuke raised his eyebrows and found his way over to her despite the chaos.

"The sugar?" She nodded, and they both made their way towards the kitchen. "What else do you need?"

As she listed the ingredients, the other boys noticed their missing member and ran to join his quest.

"Found the sugar powder!" Ross hollered, holding up a paper bag. It was upside down.

"Wai-" It was too late. All of it fell on him.

The mist of powder flew into everyone's faces, and silence settled over them as they glared at Ross cynically.

Or they tried to glare at Ross.

He was completely covered in sugar, his hair matted with the powder, unable to open his eyes, his mouth open wider than when he eats. Attempting to reach something to stablise himself, he stumbled and hugged Declan who yelped in disgust.

Sam burst out laughing, and everyone else followed, reeling over and holding onto the counter.

"You idiot!" George gasped for breathe, then started coughing from the overwhelming amount of sugar powder in the air. "We didn't even need that?"

The undeniable sweetness of the air seemed to make everyone hungry, and so everyone rushed to clean the mess for dinner, laughing as they did so.

Fanta, exasperated but still giggling, reached for the hoover and mop, wondering if it was possible to keep the kitchen like that. The sweetness made the whole room taste nice.

Ross, the fool, went upstairs to shower, followed by irritated shouts as he left a trail of white behind him. Secretly, Fanta saw him licking his lips and hand.

*******

"Do I look like I have the time to respond to your every beck and call?" She clenched her fist, restraining herself from punching the smug face.

"You really do."

Running her hand through her messy, oily hair, which she couldn't wash for over a week, she grimaced. "What do you want from your beloved daughter? What was so desperate that you had to call me back after keeping me locked up for a month?"

"Find someone." The disgrace of a human pointed at a piece of paper, which consisted of a few photos. Rolling her eyes, she approached his desk, snatching the paper.

Before she could even read it, she felt a rush of pressure on her right cheek, and she was left stunned.

"I don't need your attitude. Ever. Do it again and I promise you, you'll be locked up for more than just a month."

She could taste blood. Her head pounded, heart racing and she pursed her lips, swallowing the violent response she wanted to follow up with. Breathing in through her nose, she looked at the man she wanted dead and smiled.

"Sure."