Chapter 3

"That's weird," I mutter as I go to see who it is. It'd be an understatement to say I live out of the way, that plus the heavy storm I have no idea who it could be.

I pull open my door and see someone I don't know. A man stands in front of me, he has pitch black hair that's shaggy, he has to be at least six foot tall and towers over me, his eyes are brown but the way the light catches them makes them look almost red, his skin is tan and I notice a long scar coming from his right eyebrow to his cheek. He wears a black suit with a red dress shirt underneath not to mention the large grin he has as he looks at me.

There's something about him that makes me really uncomfortable but I can't tell what.

I look over him and realize one more thing, he's completely dry, not a drop of water on him and I glance past and don't see any car. There's no way he could be this dry having been out there. I gulp as I look at him, "Can I help you?"

I try not to let my fear be noticable but somehow he can tell and that only makes his smile bigger. "I was just wondering if anything strange has happened to you today? After all, I saw your house all the way out here and I was worried about anyone who would live out here during this storm."

I have a feeling there's more he wants to know but everything in me is telling me not to trust him. I force a smile, "Well thanks for the concern..."

"Zalgo," the man offers.

"Well thank you for the concern but I'm fine. I'm actually waiting for my boyfriend to get back from work," I lie through my teeth about having a boyfriend and waiting for anyone to come back here. But I really don't want this man to know I'm here alone.

"I see... It's a shame someone as pretty as you is already taken..." His voice gives me the chills and I just want him to leave already.

He puts out a business card, I notice the dark red card with inky black lettering. "Call me if that ever changes or if... Anything happens... I'm always free," I don't want to take the card but I hope if I do he'll leave.

He smiles as I take the card though it doesn't reach his eyes, "... Have a good night," he says before he turns and walks into the rain. I bite my lip as I notice that he doesn't seem to be getting wet.

I close the door making sure to look it before I slide down to the ground, all of my energy gone. "What the hell was up with that..." I mutter to myself.

"Miss Y/N has a boyfriend?" I look up to see Sally standing in the hallway.

I sigh as I guess she overheard the conversation. I get up as yet again I check the doors locked. "Doesn't matter... How did you get down from the counter anyway?" I ask as I wonder how she got down.

Sally shrugs and grips her teddy bear tighter. I sigh before I grin, "Why don't we get a bed set up for you?" Sally nods and I gently pick her up, surprised by how light she is.

I walk over to my room and look around for something for her to sleep on. I find an old knit blanket and decide that it'll be good enough for now.

I also grab a pillow as I put Sally on the ground next to my bed as I assemble a makeshift bed for the small girl. "This will have to do until I can figure out something else tomorrow, ok Sally?" I say as I stand up and stretch.

I don't get a response. "Sally?" I ask again before I see her already passed out on the little bed I made.

I smile to myself and turn off the light before getting into my own bed completely unaware of someone staring in through the window at us.