Chapter 15

After I get everyone some breakfast I decide to go take a shower before deciding on a plan of action for the day.

But as I head to the bathroom I hear the sound of the mail slot in my door opening. Slightly confused I go over to the door since I wasn't expecting anything.

And that's what I get apparently. There's no package or letter on the ground so I'm slightly more confused but put it off as the wind or some strange new prank before heading back to the bathroom.

After I'm done in the shower I change into a f/c hoodie along with black shorts. As I walk out of the shower I hiss in pain as I feel something sharp hit my ankle.

Looking down in surprise I see a small cut on my ankle that's starting to bleed. "What the..." I look to see what caused it and I notice a miniature hatchet lying on the ground near by. "Double what the..."

That's when I notice a flash of yellow in the corner of my eye. For serial killers they don't exactly wear unnoticeable clothing, I think to myself as I pick up the mini axe and straighten myself up without showing I noticed the person.

I'd say probably the proxies BEN mentioned. Did they get through the mail slot? Clever.

I notice another flash, this time it's brown. Are they trying to kill me? I look back down at the hatchet. If they are all they can do with this is give me something like a paper cut.

I mean, they can't hide forever and they're looking for the other pastas here so eventually they'll show themselves and then things can be explained. But right now I don't feel like chasing doll sized people around my house.

I head back to the living room and notice BEN sitting on the couch playing his game. "Yo," I say as I go sit next to him.

He looks over at me then back to the game. "Hey question?" I say as I look at the video game screen as he plays. BEN nods to show he heard me but doesn't stop playing. "That old man, did you know him? Cause now that I think about it he said bye Ben when we left and well... Your name is BEN."

BEN pauses to think for a moment before he pauses his game and looks over at me. "Don't know," is all he says before he goes back to his game but I feel like there's more to it than that.

Some of the other pastas walk into the room and I remember the hatchet. "Oh yeah," I say to grab everyone's attention, "I think the 'proxies' are here since I found this."

I hold up the hatchet and except for Sally they all stiffen. "Why didn't you say something earlier?!" EJ yelled as he looks around wildly.

"Relax I only got a cut," I saw calmly as I wonder if now is a good time to ask about the meat thing since I'll probably go to the store later. But this also doesn't feel like the right time.