Chapter 14

I'm in the forest. I can't stop running, if I do that... That thing will catch me... It can't catch me, please don't let it catch me.

I turn sharply through the tall pines trees but come to a stop when I see what's in front of me. It's him. It's the faceless man.

I try to take a step back but my back hits a tree and I'm stuck. I stare at the blank slate that should be his face.

"You have done well caring for them, but you can't continue to live after all you've seen," his voice echos in my mind and there's a sound of static in the very back of my head.

The static slowly gets louder, and the louder it gets the more it hurts. I fall to my knees as mud and pine needles cling to my legs.

I look up one last time at the faceless man. Long black tentacles reach from his back and come towards me. As one reaches around my neck I realize how cold they are.

And just as he raises another bringing it back before it spears through me...

I open my eyes and sit up. I vaguely feel something drop off me and there's a heavy feeling on my legs but the pure fear from that dream over powers everything else in the moment.

I realize I'm covered in sweat and out of breath. How could that just be a dream? Is that even possible to feel cold, to feel pain, in a dream?

I run my fingers through my h/c hair and try to calm down, telling myself it was just a simple dream and that it didn't mean anything.

I hear a groan and look down next to me. Mirror is on the ground rubbing her head, I then look down at my legs as the puzzle pieces slowly form together in my mind.

The rest of the pastas are lying on top of my blanket, all still asleep. I look back over at Mirror and realize I must have pushed her off me when I sat up. "Shit I'm so sorry, are you ok Mirror?" I ask as I look to see if she's hurt at all.

"Yeah I'm fine," Mirror says with a slight groan before looking back up at me, "Are you ok Y/N? You seem a little...-"

"I'm fine," I say a bit too quickly. There's a few yawns and groans from the other end of the couch and I see the other pastas are starting to wake up. "Why don't we get some breakfast?"

Mirror nods and the others sleepily get up. I try to ignore the obvious knot of fear in my stomach that's left behind from that dream.

I get up and head to the kitchen. I really need some coffee/tea/hot drink. I don't really feel like making much for breakfast so I grab out the cheese cake I bought at the store the other day along with the bacon for EJ.

Speaking of EJ I should ask him what his favorite meat is so I can grab some next time I'm at the store.

I pour my (drink) into a mug and lean back as I take a sip and look out at the forest. The tall, slender pine trees remind me even more of my dream.

That faceless man... He was Slenderman wasn't he? Slenderman... One of the creepypastas... Was he not shrunk like the others? Maybe it was just a stress dream, it wouldn't be my first.

Yeah that's it, I'll just put it off as a stress dream. I don't have time to focus on dreams like that right now.