Chapter 43

A/N slight gore warning for this chapter...

Third person POV

By some miracle the ride to the hospital goes smoothly and you were able to deliver F/N's stuff to them and you were now back on the road heading home.

As you drive you think about everyone waiting for you back home and wonder if this is what being a parent is like except the kids are tiny, wanted serial killers. But you're sure the sentiment is the same.

Suddenly you realize something and curse loudly. "I forgot to look for the other pasta!!"

You sigh and realize there's nothing to be done about it now and continue on your way but not before long you have to slam on the breaks to stop from hitting... Something in the road.

It was only there for a minute before you stepped on the breaks and then disappeared but what you did see sent a chill up your spine.

It was one of those things you feel should look human but very obviously isn't, it's tight gray spotted skin was taunt against its frame that poked out in hard angles while it stood hunched over, as if it couldn't decide if it should walk on all fours or on two legs.

You felt sick and could tell you were trembling but after taking a deep breath you once again continue on your way without any other incidents.

Pushing your way into the house you let out a heavy sigh just as the heavens open up and it starts raining heavily making you jump.

"So much for a nice day for a hike," you mutter as you kick off your shoes and hang up your jacket.

You didn't expect the pastas to be up yet seeing as it was barely 6:15 so instead you headed to the kitchen.

You scratched the back of your neck when you caught sight of the calendar hanging on the wall. Today's date was circled in bold red pen and you had to focus to remember why.

It was B/N's anniversary. How old would he have been this year? 16? Yeah 16.

Maybe that's why it felt like something was missing when you woke up. You let out a harsh laugh as you remember what happened.

(Flashback in italics)

It was a cold morning in October. B/N was jumping around like crazy as he ran through piles of warm colored leaves.

"Can we go to the forest?" He asked as he pointed towards the tree line. "Pleaseeeeeee."

You chuckled as you pushed your hands deeper into the pockets of your f/c coat. You had always loved/or/hated the fall but you nodded and watched as he ran off ahead.

You were about to join when your phone rang. Looking down at the number you saw it was F/N and decided to pick up in case something had happened.

You talked to them for a bit, thankfully nothing was wrong, they just wanted to copy your homework which you said no to.

Unfortunately you were snapped from your conversation when a shrill scream breaks through the air coming from the forest.

You're blood runs cold as you drop your phone, letting it crack on the sidewalk as you bolt towards the forest to find B/N.

You call his name over and over again until your voice is hoarse but he never replied. After you stumbled around a bit more you found out why.

Something drips onto your face from above you and when you go to wipe it away your finger tips come back red.

You fall to the leaf covered ground as you scoot back and look up in fear. Above you, you find something you'll never forget.

As you look to see B/N hanging from the tree branch with his insides ripped out and his own organs used to hang him, it's your turn to let out a shrill scream.

Blood drips from his dead body to the forest floor and you hold back the urge to vomit.

"Oh my God..." You mumble, "oh my God."

You did your nails into the dirt as your eyes sting with tears and you whip your head around in every direction. "Somebody help! Somebody!-"

Your voice cracks and you hold back a sob. "... Anybody..."

Bile rises up your throat as you wonder who could ever do this. He was just a kid.

You scream again and this time you swear you can hear laughter and static coming from deeper in the forest but you don't have time to register it before you black out to the sound of sirens coming closer and closer to you.

***

You squeeze your eyes shut as you remember the image you can never get rid of. The murderer is still out there... You think to yourself as a drowning feeling fills you, whoever did it was never caught.

Even four years later you wonder how a kid could be killed and a killer never be found. Not that they didn't try to, youu remember the cops saying there was a DNA match at the scene that matched a cold case from years ago but it was both from a case several states over and the killer from that time was missing so they could never follow up, hell they even suspected you until they had an alibi and realized there was no motive.

You let out a shaky breath, how come even after so long it still hurts to think about?

You shake your head. You have better things to think about right now.

A/N did one of the pastas kill B/N? Maybe, the world will never know (or will it?). Will it still be an important factor for the story? Definitely