Chapter 12

I yawn and stretch as I look out the window. It's getting late. "Ok who's hungry?" I ask the room full of pastas as they all stop chatting to turn to me.

"Yay dinner!"

"Can I have some more candy?"

"Sure I could eat."

"Is there any of that bacon left?"

"...I'm good," I turn to look at Mirror who was the last to speak.

"You sure?" I'm surprised she's not hungry since the others seem to be pretty hungry.

Mirror nods and I shrug, I can always get her food later. "To the kitchen then," I laugh.

After a bit of fuss everyone is happy with the food they want.

I lean back against the counter top and look out the window into the dark forest and I start to zone out.

It feels as if something moved out from under the trees there for a moment, as if something was watching us from there. A shiver travels down my spine for a moment.

"Y/N?" A voice breaks me from my trance.

I look over towards BEN and smile slightly, trying to forget the fear I felt just then. "What's up?"

The pastas all share a look before BEN looks back over at me. "We kept calling for you but you just kept zoning out..."

I'm a little surprised, I mean I didn't even hear them. I force another smile, "Sorry, just zoned out a bit."

Just as EJ is about to speak there's a knock at the door and my stomach sinks. "Stay here," I tell the pastas as I head to the door.

I open the door and my stomach sinks even more when I see who it is. It's Zalgo, the same creepy weirdo from yesterday. "...hello," I say but my voice comes out smaller than I wanted it to.

Zalgo doesn't look happy and part of me wants to call the police. "Let's skip the pleasantries," He says darkly and I nod.

"Listen I know they're here," My stomach sinks even lower and I'm glad I told them to stay in the kitchen.

I force a smile, "Who's here? I live on my own."

"Listen here, give them to me now. You keeping them is only going to end with you dead," he growls and I'm frozen to the door frame.

"Is that a threat?" I say after I find my voice.

"No, I'm telling you what's going to happen if you don't hand them over right now."

"No," I say as firmly as I can.

"What?" He growls at me and I have to use all my strength not to  run away from the door.

"I can't hand over something I don't have," I say as I raise my head.

He growls and for a moment I think he's going to hit me. "You're going to regret saying no to me," he says as he stalks back out into the night.

I watch to make sure he leaves and after I'm sure he has I slam the door shut and I lock it before leaning back against it.

I realize I'm shaking and I grit my teeth to stop myself. After a minute I grab the old cabinet I have next to the door and pull it out in front of the door, successfully barricading the door.

I'm breathing heavily, trying to calm myself down when I hear a floorboard creak further down the hall. My head snaps up as fast as it can in fear before I realize it's just the pastas.

"Miss Y-Y/N are you ok?" Sally asks, a concerned look on her face. I nod slightly, not wanting to concern any of them.

"Y-yeah... I'm ok," I say as I calm down slightly. "Can you guys help me check all the doors and windows are locked tonight?"