Chapter 51

A/N not dead yet

When you woke up something didn't feel right. It wasn't anything wrong with the room, instead, something felt wrong with you.

Your throat was dry and it felt like you couldn't focus on anything, not to mention the searing pain and heat in your head. You groaned and rolled over, trying to ignore how your pajamas stuck awkwardly to you and the thin layer of sweat that was coating your skin.

You swear under your breath, you didn't have time to be sick. You're brought out of your thoughts when there's a knock on your door and you realize you're going to have to get out of bed.

You get up way too quickly and immediately feel like you're either going to be sick or black out, maybe both. Going to the door you open it and lean against the wall for support, you're not sure how long you can continue standing up for. You groan as you realize how sick you must be.

Outside is Lazari and Sally.

"Yeah?" You ask, your head feels fuzzy and you feel like you can't think straight.

They look up at you in concern. "Are you ok Ms. Y/N? You don't look good." Sally says and you smile at how sweet she is.

"Just feeling a little under the weather," You reply. The concern in their eyes doesn't go away. "So what do you need?"

Sally and Lazari share a look that immediately makes you think they're up to something, or planning at least. "Are you sick Ms. Y/N?"

"N-" You catch yourself, what's the point in lying when it's probably obvious, "Just feeling slightly under the weather, I'll be all better soon."

"That's not good!" Sally says, "When I'm sick my dad takes care of me until I'm all better again. So Ms. Y/N should sit back and let us take care of you!"

"I don't know..." You trail off not entirely convinced about the whole thing.

"Don't worry! If we need help we can ask the others!" Lazari tries to comfort you but you're still not 100% convinced but when a wave of tiredness sweeps over you, you decide going back to bed might not be a bad idea.

"I'm the one who should be looking after you... But you guys can look after me for today," You say and they nod eagerly.

You go back and lay on your bed after Lazari and Sally leave. Focusing on not falling asleep you try to ignore how crappy you're feeling. You honestly hated being sick, you weren't sick often but when you were you got really really sick.

Unfortunately you're taken from any thought of rest when you feel a small hand touch your forehead, looking over you see Dr. Smiley along with Lazari standing beside you. You're a little surprised you didn't hear them coming in but you're also pretty out of it.

"What's the verdict, doctor?" You try to joke.

Dr. Smiley chuckles slightly. "You were right, it looks like it's a cold, you should be better after a day of rest."

"I'm fine, really," You try to protest but he doesn't listen and instead starts talking to Lazari and tells her to grab what he'll need since she's not miniature and will hopefully be able to reach your medicine cabinet.

"I'm supposed to look after you guys, not the other way around," You try to protest but it comes out more as a weak whine.

Dr. Smiley chuckles again, "Then think of this as us repaying the favour."

You groan but try to get up anyway, only to be pushed back down by Lazari. "You're sick! We're going to look after you today so just lay down!"

You sigh and decide to do as they say, after all a day in bed didn't sound like the worst thing in the world right now. "Ok fine, just this once."

You yawn and feel your eyes grown heavy, maybe you can out sleep this damn cold. You chuckle slightly at your own joke as you slip back into sleep, leaving the pasta's to care for you.

***

Unfortunately you fall in and out of sleep, with you never being quite awake but also not quite asleep. It was safe to say it sucked.

Yet as you were in one of these states you thought you heard a voice in your room, it sounded familiar but you couldn't quite tell who's voice it was and you didn't have the strength to fully wake up and see either. So instead you just lay there in darkness and tried to listen to what they were saying.

"Hey Y/N," There was a pause as if they were thinking, "I think I'm in love with you."

Oh, that's nice, you thought to yourself in your half aware fever state before some sense of logic kicked into your head.

Wait what, you thought in shock.

A/N so I finally updated sorry it took so long, university is annoying... but yeah, what did you think of the chapter, I just suddenly had the idea of the pasta's carring for a sick reader so... Also the mysterious confession, who do you think it could be or was it simply a hallucination?